Sunday, May 20, 2007

Games we Play

Saturday night was another gay men game night. This one was at Brad's house. I invited my friend Phil, because I know he likes playing various games. It turns out he was kinda into Brad. Tall, blonde, geeky, and into board games was quite his type. Having already hear about my side interest in Cris, (who Phil agreed is quite attractive) Phil decided we need to break them up! They were actually fighting again last night, and at one point Brad expressed his exasperation. So, who knows where anything there will end up.
Cris apparently also invited ALL the Brazilians, because they all showed up, too. Including Junio, who was very quick to point out that his bf was coming later.
Phil was wearing a tight black T-shirt that said "Keep it Gay!", and a number of people took the opportunity to touch his chest. The first being Ronny. (Numerous people have noticed that he can be a bit touchy-feely.) I wasn't really paying it much attention, though. All of a sudden, I didn't see Phil anywhere. Then I realized I didn't see Ronny anywhere. I mentioned I didn't see either of them. Dave (secondary character, don't worry about it) wandered down the hall, and saw them making out in the 'den'. He's just like "Don't go back there..." I had a feeling that once I couldn't find them, that something like that was going on. But my reaction was just "it doesn't make sense"! I was a little confused. As my friend, Phil was always doing the "he's not good enough for you" schtick that your friends do for you after a break-up. Phil can be rather acid-tongued, though, so I thought it was fairly true that he disliked Ronny. Apparently not... Ronny had also been fairly unimpressed when they had met, but must have seen him in a different light this weekend.
The three of us went to IHOP this morning. Phil asked if it was "weird" for me, and I said Oh yea. He asked if it was inappropriate, and I said, no not really.
But yeah, definitely kind of weird.
Though, Phil did say the Ronny thing would be more a fun time thing, while the Brad interest was more compatibility-driven. Phil had brought a bag full of games to the game night, and as Brad was looking through, he exclaimed, "Oh you have 'Diplomacy'!" Phil replied in surprise, "You've played that before?? I rarely meet anyone to play that!" Brad said "I HAVE that game!" I think that was moment Phil was smitten.

2 comments:

Christine Staley said...

wait.
phil? and ronny??!!

REALLY?!

that IS weird. I can't see Ronny being Phil's type AT ALL...

What is Phil thinking?! I like Phil. He can so do better than that (and so can you!)

I understand now that I've caught up on your blog why I haven't heard from you, you busy bee!

Did you get my TM?

Anonymous said...

Wow. It's like seeing a transcript of the night...

And no, I didn't ever dislike Ronny and my prior comments were about the apparent disconnect between the guys you date and what you've said you wanted and seem to want.

Now who's this single gal in the city... :)

Keepin' it Gay...