Saturday, May 12, 2007

Feel Like Dancin'

Went out to the club again tonight. I called Brad, he said they might go out, so I called Joe, he put me on guest list. Then Brad called, said Cris hadn't shown up, so I said well how about the two of us just go out and have a drink. He said Yeah. But then at 10:30, Cris did show up, so I met up with the both of them at the club. Brad stayed at the bar and played on the little video touch game thing and drank, while I danced my little heart out, again, surrounded by Brazilians. (Oh, like you're SURPRISED...)

Carlos showed up, as did Junio. Junio was being flirty, and I decided to be flirty right back. He mentioned he "has a boyfriend" and I said I knew. He said he "couldn't ..." and I said I knew. But as we all left he said "Call me". I mentioned I don't have his number, and he said to get it from Cris. I said he should tell Cris to give it to me, so he knows it's OK. (I still don't have Mateus' number because Cris won't give it out without Permission.)

I was trying to be flirty with Carlos, as well. He was there with some guy, Philipe, but I am not sure if they are together or just friends. They seemed to stick together a lot, but then during the stripper show, I started gently brushing my hand against him, and he leaned back into me, and I held him through the show. And Philipe was right there next to us. But then later when I said "Pode falar conmigo?" (can you talk with me?) he said yes, but then got up, and pulled me over to the dance floor, and drifted away. Mixed messages... He exclaimed, again, how cute my dimple is (yes, just the one), but would not move beyond scattered flirting.

And this older hot guy whom I met at a party once, and see at the gym now and then, was there. He seemed by himself this time. (He was coupled when I first met him.) I think he was checking me out, but then he disappeared as well. Sadly, that usually means he went to go smoke. I saw him talking with one of the Brazilians, which only confirmed my suspicions... (Again, you should not be surprised.) Hopefully I will bump into him at the gym, and can say hello. Of course, it will take a surge of chutzpa to get myself to say hello. I can only seem to manage that trick once every three years or so (the cruise director being the most obvious instance, and that was blatantly assisted by alcohol).

On the positive side, I burned a hell of a lot of calories! Last week I stepped on the scale again, and it was 168 (I told you!). Today I checked again, and one said 167, with a little fluttering towards 166, and the other scale said 166.5 pounds. I have been eating fairly well this week (after an ice cream attack on Monday). Losing a couple pounds also aids the chutzpa. The fatter I think I am, the more shy I get.

1 comment:

Christine Staley said...

darling, you're becoming obsessed with this weight thing.

I think you look FAB and if you get any skinnier, you'll blow away in the wind!