Monday, August 27, 2007

Exes Can Be Friends

Friday night was uneventful again. Busier than we have seen on a Friday in a while, but as far as -I- am concerned, it was uneventful.

Saturday afternoon I went into Boston to meet a guy from Match. Make sure you are seated: he's white. And I like him! We did not discuss the top/bottom situation (I still don't think that is necessary first date discussion unless the condoms have already come out of the drawer) so I do not know, but it could be promising! He lives in the South End and walks to work, has a great body, and just is typical South End gay. Without the bitchy attitude... We didn't kiss when I left to go home. I emailed him Sunday to say that we have to next time, and he wrote back that he wanted to, but wasn't sure if I would kiss in public. (In one of the gayest neighborhoods of a gay-friendly city. Hmmmmmm. Let me think...)

Saturday evening Ronny called to ask if I wanted to come along to Six Flags on Sunday. He said Junior and Cristiano, Cristian and Brad were going, too. I said of course. He called back shortly after to say Brad and Cris backed out. That night I went to work, again. Not terribly eventful on Saturday, either. It was actually slower than we have been on a Saturday in a couple weeks. I'm thinking it was because Friday was busy, a lot of them didn't show up twice.

The hunky straight guy from last weekend showed up again. He was alone this time. And he came up to chat, again. I started teasing him about coming to gay clubs, and he asked why I would get mad about it. I said I wasn't mad, I thought it was funny! He kept defending his decision to come there, so I said "Oh, you're just trying to pick me up!" He laughed, and said that was really funny. I was laughing, too. Then he seemed to do a double-take, and said "Oh, I didn't mean it like that. If I were gay, I'd totally go out with you!" The first thought that ran through my mind was about the gay guys in the building that hadn't expressed interest in me...

Sunday morning, I headed over to Ronny's place. It ended up being us two, and Junior and Kevin (Junior's ex). I asked Ronny what their deal was, and he said they were just like us. Point taken. At one point, Kevin made a comment about Junior being mean, and that was why he dumped Junior. Ronny is always calling Junior heartless, too. But I had also gotten the impression from Ronny that Junior was the dumper, not the dumpee.

We stopped for food over by the Superman ride (which was closed for the day, dammit), and Ronny said he was so used to doing everything with Brad and Cris that he kept looking around to find them. I laughed and said Kevin and Junior were "our substitute Brad and Cris". I didn't mean it in a disparaging way, but Kevin got a tiny bit of an offended look on his face.

All in all, we had a great time. It was really the first time I'd gotten to know much of anything about Kevin. He is a really nice guy. Totally not my type, though. He's more of the muscley/stocky bald quasi-daddy type build. Lots of people find that attractive, but as you already know, I have a thing for Junior. Junior is apparently after one of the other Brazilians, Adriano (Ronny's boss). Ronny is DEAD set against it, Kevin thinks it's a great idea. He even said that while they were still together he thought Adriano would be a good choice for Junior. So, Ronny said it was a bad idea because they were both tops. Kevin said that can still work out, so I said those relationships usually end up doing a lot of 3-ways. He agreed. And mentioned he's versatile, and doesn't understand how someone couldn't enjoy both. I said that is the same as saying you can't understand why someone is gay. I also said I only like one side. Kevin asked which side, and Ronny said No Need To Ask That. So, I dodged. Kevin asked if I at least Tried both, and I said yes. He seemed OK with that. It's like your mom making you 'at least try your vegetables'!

Of course, we went on the white water rafting ride, and there is a big handle bar in front of each seat for everyone to hold onto. I said "ooh now this would be a fun ride!" And Kevin immediately said "Well, that answers THAT question!"

There were a good number of hotties there, too. One gorgeous Brazilian, a surprising number of hot dads, and an uber-hot muscle-jock young hottie. Knowing a foreign language is good for discretely ogling hot guys while in line at Six Flags... I knew enough Portuguese to follow, and even contribute! There was another hottie there that I am convinced is Brazilian. He was in a bright pink shirt, there with some mildly homey, very Brazilian looking girl. And they were making out NON-STOP through the entire wait in line. But I swear I made eye contact with him several times.

And the ride operator at Scream! was a total stand-in for Elijah Kelley (scroll down a few posts to the "Seaweed" one) so I enjoyed the three times we rode that one!

1 comment:

Amy Roth said...

that's funny - when I was single, I'd complain that all the good ones were gay...
and here, your complaint is that he's straight...
HA!
I still think he's in the closet...