Friday, August 10, 2007

Seaweed

I went to see Hairspray the other day. Loved it! I do think the original had a stronger energy, though this one has a much broader appeal. And I couldn't stop thinking of John Travolta as John Travolta in drag, despite his efforts to 'become' Edna Turnblad.

But the best part of the movie was the part of Seaweed, played by Elijah Kelley. Brad and I were both transfixed through the whole movie on him! And a few minutes after being introduced to him, we get his song about wanting to do black guys! "The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice" is fun, but I have had "the darker the chocolate, the richer the taste" stuck in my head ever since!

1 comment:

SpanItalGuy said...

Oh you boys and your chocolate fetishes...

One clarifying question... Is Cristiano (Junior's roomie) the same Cris that is Brad's BF? I thought Brad and Cris lived together? Or is there just some one else and they're all confusing Brazilians that one needs to have a fetish over in order to keep them all... uh, straight? :)


PHIL