Monday, August 13, 2007

Saturday

Well, after the sartorial excitement from Friday, you would think Saturday couldn't possibly be more exciting. You would be mistaken.

The previously mentioned AJ stopped by again. Unfortunately, his ex got there first, and since they have matching restraining orders, he couldn't exactly come in. But he said he would catch up with me again somehow. I was like, "somehow??" He said he has his methods. I replied, "Well, couldn't you just ask me for my phone number?" He blushed a little and said it was awkward. "Awkward?? Are you single??" "Yes." "Then why would it be awkward to get someone's phone number?" Brief pause, phone comes out, buttons get pushed, and he gets my phone number! I had him ring me back right away, so I got his, too. He saw my phone, and rather excitedly said, "Oh you are Verizon, too! We can talk all we want!" (My heart skipped a little beat!) He said he'd call. I asked when. (I know, subtle...) He said probably Sunday. About 2am he called, was heading for breakfast with some friends. I still needed like 5 more minutes, so he just said good night. (Damn envelopes! If I had gotten one earlier, I'd have been all cashed out by then.)

Of course, Sunday came and went, without a call. I will call tonight (Monday).

Junior was there, as well. He left with a "friend". Ronny said they were probably hooking up. Whatever. But, as Junior left, he leaned over to give me a kiss goodnight (social style, not make-out style). Then said "See you tomorrow!" I was like "What? What's tomorrow??" He just rolled his eyes, gave an oh-please look, and said "I will see you tomorrow."

Sunday, though, I had plans. Went to a cookout at Joe & Vinnie's. Played poker all afternoon. Didn't hear from any of the Brazilians, so did not end up at Ronny's house. So, I did not see Junior on Sunday. It dawned on me that maybe part of why he switched from being interested to not so much was because I was over at his house too much. I was there because of Ronny, but still, I was around an awful lot. No chase needed. (I've been told some people are all about the chase. I'm not, so I have to remind myself that some people consider that 'fun' instead of 'annoying'.) Maybe I need to back away from the social visits to make him miss me... :)

At said poker/cookout, it was all club employees. The restraining order scenario came up, and it appears as though I misheard the name over the thump of the bass. It sounded like they said his name is actually Angel, not AJ. (A latino name. Pretend to be shocked.) I'll have to clarify, but I'm assuming they can't all be wrong. I didn't bring it up, myself, though, because I don't want them to all know about it, yet. (Vicious harpies!)

No comments: