Tuesday, September 04, 2007

More strike-outs

I had been in contact with a cute latino on Match, Eli, but he was not good at setting an actual time to meet up. Last week, I sent another message just seeing how things were going, and his reply was one of those "I'm SO busy, you have no idea how busy I am, I am omigod so busy, SO busy." Yeah, I know what that means. I sent a message back saying I was sorry to hear how busy he is, and to gimme a ring when he has time. Have not heard back.

Friday I got a phone number from another Match prospect in the Boston area. Brazilian guy named Marcel. I replied that I'd call over the weekend. That night was pretty dead at the club, but the hunky older guy was there, without his significant other. I tried to be as flirty as I could, but to no avail. He may be the faithful type, so I am not counting it as a full strike-out, but still...

Saturday was much busier, though there were not a lot of good options for me. One cutie, though. Brazilian. Knew Ronny and Junior. His name is Marcelo. He seemed interested, but said he had driven, and had to take his friends home. So, we swapped phone numbers, and he said to call Sunday.

Sunday I went over by Ronny and Junior. Cristiano made a bunch of food, and they had another (smaller) cookout with the neighbors. I called Marcelo, no answer, left a message. I mentioned to Ronny later that he wasn't calling back, and Ronny said he thinks Marcelo is a bottom. Now, why that would make any difference in whether or not he calls back would depend entirely on what other people had told him since we swapped phone numbers. Later that night, still a little wired from being around Junior all day, I called Marcel (the Match one, not Marcelo). We spent about two hours on the phone, and made plans to meet up for lunch on Monday.

Monday I drove to Boston, we spent the afternoon together, had a nice time. But there wasn't much ZING. At the end of the date, we starting 'discussing' what the next step should be. It was getting tedious, so I said that if we were right for each other we wouldn't be talking about it. Nice guy, had a great time, but just not the one for me. And it was mutual. I tried Marcelo again, again to no success. That night I also sent a quick note to David ("the white guy") to see how his trip to PTown was. He replied that he has decided to start a relationship with someone else that he had been seeing. I lost that interview...

I had also called Luther to see what they were up to, and if we could hang out. He didn't answer, I left a message, he didn't call back. Will also called from Colorado, to say he was going to Vegas in October, and asked if I could join him. With my pathetic lack of vacation time, and costs of flights, I don't see that working out. And I got an email from Luis; he is no longer living in Hawaii, so I missed my chance to visit there with a local contact (who had a condo in Waikiki and a Mercedes convertible - how fun would that be!?). And to top it all off, I didn't win the lottery, AGAIN.

3 comments:

Christine Staley said...

dude. Portland has quite the GTLB scene. I've seen LOTS of hotties.

:)

please please please just rent your condo, and get the hell outta dodge for your sanity and your sex life!

Daemian said...

Hey! We aren't done with him on the East Coast yet. You wait your turn. :P

You need to bring yo sexless ass on down to NYC. Queens has some of the best Latino on the east coast. Wide variety speaking Portuguese and Spanish.

Yo quiero chicharr!

SpanItalGuy said...

I've been to Portland and while it's true that I hooked up with some guy there the only night I was ever there (in 1995) I wouldn't say the "scene" is all that...

That said, I feel like I should take you and shake you the next time I see you and scream, "Stop the insanity!" (a la Susan Powder)

That you talk about a semi-strike out with some older partnered guy... *what?*

*slap*

No, don't speak....

*slap*