Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Long Term

I have been mainly writing about dating foibles. I have completely been remiss on complaining about the morons at my day job. It's just that it gets so repetitive...

Today, the plant manager stopped by, and started talking about the management team has started working on a 5-year strategic plan. (Yea most companies always do that, but it's a new concept here!) Apparently 5 of the 8 members of the "management team" will be retiring in about 5 years, including the president/owner. I was expecting this to be followed up by a comment about where I see myself in 5 years. As much as I was dreading that, he instead said they are doing ROI analyses. Again, something most companies always do. It ended up being an opportunity to share a humorous anecdote. Nothing significant... I am SO glad I work for a company that isn't even aware of how short-sighted it is! (sarcasm)

My AC is still not working right, so I have been calling them to try to schedule an appointment. Fourth attempt was today. They called back to say they tried coming to fix it this afternoon. Good thing they bothered to TELL ME! Morons. They will try again tomorrow. Having mentioned it the day before might help!

1 comment:

Daemian said...

ooooh.... You gonna start to dish. Churld I love some good gossip. Bring it on!

P.S. I hope PowerPuck comes to the club for you tomorrow. Gonna... I dunno.. pray for you or something like that. :P