Saturday, September 08, 2007

Second Attempt

Thursday night when I got back from the gym, I decided to buzz my hair off again. (See the Vegas trip posts from April for a sample photo.) Went in the bathroom, took the rugs out, got the vacuum ready, got the clippers out, prepped the trash bag, the shower, and got undressed. Started up the clipper, and I took a big chunk out over my right ear. Then the clipper kind of died. The blades just gave out. They would vibrate the hair, not cut it. This is a scary moment. Drastic changes are one thing, but half-way through, it looks pretty scary. I did the only thing I could at that point. I called my ex, Ronny. I asked him to run to the store and buy a new clippers for me. He was still at work (8:30), but left few minutes early to get to WalMart before they closed. He calls from the store to ask if I want the 40, 30, 25, or 15 dollar one. I asked what name the $40 was, and he said W-A-H-L. I said Perfect, get that one. He owed me $50 anyways, so not only did I get a new clippers, but he also gave me $10! It sliced the rest of my hair off like a hot knife through warm butter!

As I mentioned, I did this in April, so this was the second time. Same comb, even (1/8"). This time, however, elicited a much stronger response from a wider array of people. Coworkers at my day job, who would have seen the April version, were shocked! I had not been working at the club at that point, so it was more understandable that the coworkers there were shocked as well. Alex was working security in the back, while I was front door again. After closing, he told me that tons of people were asking him about me; am I single, yadda yadda. He said he kept telling them to talk to me themselves. The only one who did, though, was some annoying little 18 year old asian girl.

Marcelo was there again, as well. He apologized for not calling back last week. He said his phone wasn't working. Yeahhhhh. Whatever. As he was leaving, he gave me a kiss. I asked if I'd get to spend time with him. He said he'd call Saturday. We'll see if that actually happens!

SCB was back. He was with some ugly chick again, so I didn't get a chance to return his shirt. I may end up keeping it, at this rate. Of course, as front door, I don't get to see any of the goings-on, so I can't say if he is still going shirtless most of the night. *sigh*

2 comments:

Daemian said...

Me want new pictures!!!

Oh yeah, we have got to go to P-Town. I was looking at your shirt and realize I have never been. Maybe I will come up with Mike and we can all go to P-Town.

Otherwise it'll just be me, which I don't mind really. A break is a break. Besides was thinking of moving within the next year. Maybe Mass would be a cool spot. Tho I shouldn't ask you. *wink*

We gotta find you a man papo.

Anywho maybe a stop by your bar and get a couple of guys interested. I'll just go in and talk loudly about how great you are in the sack. That'll get em frothing.

jered74 said...

LOL

Whatever it takes...

:)