Sunday, September 23, 2007

Almost got one

Friday not much happened, so we'll skip to Saturday!

The really cute 22-year-old Brazilian (Diego) was there again. He at least smiled at me this time. But everybody there is after him. Everybody. Even Cris was talking about him to me...

Meanwhile, this too young, too queeny, too how-shall-we-say... pale... guy came over and started talking to me. As some of you may know, I have always had cold hands. One of the things about the Brazilians I have been with is that they are little heat engines, and in addition to just liking to hold hands, it has practical benefits!! The A/C seemed a little chilly in the front area last night, so as it slowed down, I had time to hold my hands in my pants pockets. Which apparently warmed them up fairly well. When queeny boy shook my hand, he commented on how warm they were. As he continued to talk to me, I knew he trying to flirt, but since I was SO not interested, I maintained my stony polite face. He eventually said something about how I'm not very flirty, so I gave my I'm-working-here excuse. I don't think he got the point, but he did run out of energy, and wandered off.

The other security guy was talking to me, and for some unknown reason showed me a pic on his camera of a couple of his friends, and only identified one of them. He was kinda cute. John. John was on the security guy's guest list, so I knew when he came in. About 5'5" I think, bald, really muscular, and I'm guessing Italian. White guy, but not as pale as the queeny guy from earlier! I tried to be a little flirty, but I WAS working, and kept getting sidetracked by people who wanted to come in (damn customers). At one point, John headed to the bathroom. When he came back, queeny guy was flirting with him. Oh crap.

But then, fate smiled upon me in a grandly fortuitous manner! John said he was cold because the A/C was so strong. Queeny guy gave him a hug but then mentioned how warm MY hands were, and sent him over to me! So, I first went to shake his hand, but John moved in for me to hold him. So I held him! Then more damn customers showed up, and I lost the moment. A little while later, queeny guy had disappeared, but John was still chatting up front with the security guy. Then the straight guy I've mentioned before showed up. He hadn't been there in a while, and he was in full socialize mode. As usual, mostly talked about the incongruity of him being straight yet at a gay bar. But he was talking with John! A female (friend of his?) was there, too, kind of encouraging the odd straight guy out of his element conversation, which ended up somehow turning to a I'll show you mine if you show me yours, but not really, but it was confusing. Security guy made a quip about it looked like John was gonna hook up with straighty (Seth, actually). I said, "But I want him!" Security guy asked, "Seth?" I said NO - JOHN! By this point John was looking chilled again, so I offered to hold him again. He came over for me to hold. First in that face to face consoling stance, so I kissed him on the neck. Then he turned around, so it was more of a couple-in-public position. I said, as light-heartedly as I could, "What are you doin' tonight?" He got a surprised, but good-surprised look on his face.

Around 1:30 he was talking to security guy, and must have been either discussing their interest in eating, or my interest in John, and John turned to me and asked if I'd be interested in going for breakfast. I said Definitely! Sec-guy asked where we should go. John offered to make breakfast back at his place. This looked promising! But then around 1:45 John said good night and left. I was like "But... what?... I don't... but... what??" Sec-guy said he thinks John didn't want to wait for him to finish work at 2:20. Mind you, he never helps with clean-up afterwards, and always leaves right at 2. I don't have clean-up duties at the front desk, so I cash out at 1:30, and am all ready to leave at 2 as well. Dammit. I didn't even get his phone number. Maybe he'll stop in again next weekend.

Since nothing was gonna happen, I ended up hanging out with the rest of the staff. We actually were there until about 5 am again. But around 2:15 the phone rang. It was straighty looking for an 'after-hours'. Now, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the coming to gay bars because it's more friendly. But to call the gay club to ask about an after-hours party is crossing into the "I got SO drunk one night..." territory. Crazy.

2 comments:

SpanItalGuy said...

Poor thing...

Daemian said...

Oh... my god...

I would have run after little Puck. I mean a short muscleman that gets cold and wants you to "warm" him. Fuck that, I would have been like, we can have breakfast when we wake up and that would have been it.

You betta work it next time, you KNOW he will be back. Thats not even a concern. Just tell your Security buddy that want a taste. He's probably already heard MusclePuck talk about you at least a little.

I was rotting for you. I was like "Go on wit yo bad self, kissin him on the neck and whispering sweet nothings." Fierce!