Friday, July 13, 2007

Wireless

Ronny called Thursday night to ask for my help setting up his internet connection. The cable guy had just installed the modem, but Ronny couldn't get the wireless to work. (His previous DSL connection used a single combo unit that had modem and router in the same little box, so he was confused that the little box wasn't working wirelessly.)

He was still finishing up at work when he called, and I had to go to the gym, yet. He said he'd call when he got home and I could come over and help set it up. He then said it would be a chance to see Junio again. I mentioned the pre-existing BF, and Ronny said that Junio has no boyfriend. I asked for clarification and was told that they broke up a couple weeks ago. I mentioned that Kevin was there at Junio's birthday party, and it looked like they were still together. Ronny said they were still friends, and had not told people, yet, so were still putting on the show of being together.

I went to the gym and ogled a couple cuties, then came home and showered. I had a spare wireless router lying around, so I brought that over to Ronny's house. I had him do the install himself, though I helped out a lot. He has been doing a lot of tech support stuff for his other Brazilian friends, and I've been pushing him to learn to do some of this stuff on his own. Basically, install stuff amounts to following the instructions on the screen, so mostly I had to make him slow down enough to follow the instructions. We got it all set up, but Ronny was the only one home. He said to just wait a bit, Junio would be home soon. I had a donut and he turned on the TV.

About 10:30 Junio came home. He's looking a little darker, as well, as the summer progresses, and was quite sexy as he walked in the door... Explained we were setting up internet, and he assumed that his would just 'work' now, too. I had him turn his computer on, and I checked his network connection settings, and he has no wireless card. He said he would buy one this weekend, so I suggested I come along to make sure he gets the right one. He seemed to like that idea!

We all hung out, chatted, looked at pictures, and Ronny got his Itunes back up and running again. I asked Junio how Kevin is doing. He said he's fine, in fact he just saw him on Tuesday. So, I asked if he stays over at Kevin's, or if Kevin stays here. I figured this was a subtle way of opening the door for him to say they were no longer together. He responded that he stays at Kevin's because Kevin lives alone, like me. Not sure if there was a "reason" to specify the 'like me' part... Junio also went to the trouble of showing me pics - somewhat buried in his computer files - of the previous ex whom he still pines for. I've seen the guy around the club, and Ronny has even tried to hook up with him.

All of a sudden I noticed it was midnight! I had an A/C contractor coming in at 8am, so wasn't going to work in the morning and could sleep in a little later than usual, but midnight was still pushing it, so I said goodnight. Junio said he would call on Saturday after work about going to the store. I suggested I give him my phone number. Then he gave me his number, and when I verified the spelling of his name, discovered I have been doing it wrong. His name is Jose, but so is his father, so he is a Junior, and has adopted the name. (Technically, the Portuguese version would be Junho, not Junio, anyway.) So, he really is an American sounding name, kind of like Ronny is, too. From now on, he will be referred to as Junior. Of course, with the "H" sound that the Portuguese "R" has, it doesn't sound that much different.

No comments: