Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Goin wireless

As you may recall (see below), Junior still needed assistance going wireless. We scheduled tentative plans for Sunday, though when I asked for a specific time, he just said he would call me. I had to work Sunday at 4:30, so it needed to be earlier, but he was off playing soccer with some friends, so Sunday didn’t work. He said he worked until 5 on Monday, so he would call me Monday evening.
Monday he called around 6, I went and picked him up. We ran to Best Buy, then installed the USB wireless in the back port on his computer. We went to the Brazilian barbecue place for dinner afterwards, since I needed to use up the gift cert Ronny had given me for my birthday. This all gave us plenty of time to chat. I avoided topics relating to current relationship status, to keep from pushing him too much where he already said he doesn’t want to go.
I asked if he had fun at the club on Saturday (I said hello that night, but we didn’t talk beyond that) and which of the strippers he preferred. There was a white one, and a black one. He (predictably) liked the white one more. I (predictably) liked the black one more. He seemed surprised. I was not expecting him to be quite that surprised, but took advantage of the opportunity to point out that I like darker guys. I gave an appropriate sideways glance (sideways because I was driving at the time) to go along with the comment, which he caught.
He asked me about why I am selling my condo, and want to move. I went through the quick version of the whole story. I mentioned I have friends off in San Diego, SanFran, Denver, Portland (any day now), and how I want to move west. He said I have a lot of friends here in Worcester, and I shouldn't leave. How sweet... I said that Brad made the same comment. Of course, Brad said he also wouldn't mind visiting me in San Diego!
I also asked him a little about his soccer game from Sunday. Cristiano and Carlos were there, apparently, but mostly it was more of a league type thing. Junior said it was “all straight guys”. I replied, “well except for Carlos!” The quip eventually led to Junior saying he had a girlfriend when he first came to the US. I asked him how much he likes girls, yet. He said that he prefers guys but that having sex with girls makes him feel happier. I got a confused / disappointed look on my face, and he said yeah, it’s hard to explain, and Kevin was always rather bothered by that comment, as well.
So, it was a very interesting evening. And as I dropped him off after dinner, he said to feel free to come over any time I wanted. Though, if we're sticking to the "just friends" meme, I think I would still be more likely to randomly visit Ronny than Junior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randomly visit Ronny instead... so are you two hitting it?

I thought that was nipped in the butt... no pun... :)

jered74 said...

No, we are not "hitting it" - I meant randomly visit in the purely social, friends way. We still hang out fairly often.