Monday, July 02, 2007

Not the Date I expected

I had plans to meet up with this Cuban/Puerto Rican guy from Match, on Sunday. I drove into Boston, we went to lunch. Had a nice enough time, but he was a little too swishy. Not that I have anything against that, but it does tend to indicate Big o' Bottom. After lunch we were walking back towards Mass Ave, and he's like "so your car is this way?" He ended the 'date' after lunch, to meet up with some friends. I am guessing that means he wasn't inspired either. So, no harm, I guess.

On the drive back to Worcester (between gas and tolls that was one expensive lunch), I called Ronny to see if he was all moved in at his new place. He moved out of his sister's house, and in with some friends. Cristiano and Junio, to be exact. Ronny said he was all moved in, and I should come visit. So, I headed over there, and we were hanging out. Junio was home, with a friend whose name I don't remember - he was not cute. We all watched "Step Up" - solely because Channing Tatum is so hot. But Ronny kept leaving, and sitting in his room. He said he was on the phone with his mother, and then sisters. I have convinced him to do most of his Brazil calling on weekends to keep his cell charges to a minimum, so I guess that was all right.

After the movie, the ugly friend left, and Junio and I were left alone in the living room. About 8 seconds later, their friend Adriano showed up. He had just come back from Brazil, and brought Ronny a gift. (He specifically requests them from people who go on trips, so he actually always gets them!) We all chatted for a while, then I mentioned I was hungry, and we ordered pizza. Ronny doesn't much care for pizza, so Junio also made rice and chicken for Ronny. When the pizza came (bacon, onion, corn, and heart of palm - it was really quite good), I just took pizza. I had chipped in for the pizza, I hadn't contributed to the food they made. Junio insisted that pizza is "junk food" and I had to have some of the "real food" with them. The chicken was exceptionally tasty and tender, and Brazilian rice is always quite good, if not a little too salty. But Junio is not as salt-crazed as Ronny, so his rice was pretty good for me!

After Adriano left, I was alone on the couch with Junio again for a while. Then Ronny came out of his room again (another sister to call), and we all talked some more. I left there about midnight. Ronny kept telling me that Junio is about to break up with his bf, and he was not-so-subtly trying to push us toward each other. We both know we are interested in each other, but the bf thing is still in the way.

I thought I was going to have a great Sunday on a date with a 'Rican, but I ended up with more of a date with Junio. I don't mind, I guess!

No comments: