Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ouch

It was a slow night tonight (Friday) at work. Not a huge crowd, but enough people showed up, I guess. Junior showed up around midnight, by himself. He stopped by to chat. I asked where Cristiano was, and Junior said he was not back from work yet. Eventually, I decided to come out and ask what was on my mind. I asked if he was single. He was like "what do you mean?" I said Ronny had made it sound like Junior and Kevin had broken up, Junior said they did break up, but they're still kind of together. Then he looked at me and asked why I was asking about it. I said that I was pretty sure he knew that I liked him. His response was that he thinks we should just be friends.

He went on to say something about Kevin. I guess they are trying to make it work out. He said that if it is over with Kevin, then he wants to not have a boyfriend for a while. I completely understand. And, awww crap.

SCB showed up, as well. He was not shirtless this time, and not with any girls. He was being particularly friendly with me. Of course, fate always makes things difficult for me, so the point at which he seemed to make the closest thing to a "move" a confused, getting drunker, possibly-bi guy could make, I got dragged off to clean up a busted beer bottle off the dance floor. He left early.

Then Cristiano showed up. He's always been very flirty, but is that way with everyone. I chatted with him briefly. At one point we sort of danced in the hallway I was guarding. Later, he stopped by again, and danced a little bit. As he was about to leave, he leaned in and kissed me. Nothing major, friendly little closed-lip peck, but right on the mouth. I was a little taken by surprise, but not actually surprised. Oh well.

A few minutes later, Junior comes over. "Cristiano said he kissed you!" I was like, uhhh, wellllll, yeahhhhh. And shrugged. Junior seemed a little beer-tipsy. There was a hint of indignation that was not consistent with the let's-be-friends attitude.

The fat underage kid was there again, as well. He said Hi, but kept his hands to himself. I went out of my way to be polite, but keep it at the "I'm just being as friendly to you as I would to any customer" level. Hopefully, that problem will no longer be a problem.

New eye candy tonight, as well. Hunky, thuggish blatino. Returned all my gracious acknowledgments. Also under 21. And smokes. Not a lot, but Smokes. Sigh...

No comments: