Friday, November 16, 2007

Rejection

WARNING: This is another dream post. But this one isn't as fun as the last one.

It started off at work, though I was at a different place than in real life. It was just an office, and it felt like Boston. Anyway, around 3:30 I headed 'downstairs' and bumped into Cris (longtime Brazilian friend/crush Cris, not new Greek Chris). Gave him a friendly hello. He was on the phone with Ronny, who was on his way over. I had to work until 4, but wasted the last few minutes of work pretending to text people on my cellphone, which for some reason, in the dream, I had the phone Ronny really has. Anyway, so I finish work, as some obnoxious fat busy-body type sees me texting and says "Oh, just send an email!" Ronny shows up, and the three of us head to a Brazilian party, which involves a lot of food (as always).

As we are chatting, and eating, I look across the table and see the two cuties I've mentioned from the club, one whose name I can't remember and the other is Joaquin. I wave hello, and they smile back. Shortly after, I am heading back from the bathroom, and bump into Junior. I give him a kiss, and it ends up as a friendly peck on the lips. In real life, he always turns his cheek, and I never get the lips. Since I got lips, I laughed and went in for another. He obliged. So I took a third. As I went for a fourth he dodged, so I got all serious and started talking about the party. I mentioned how cute Joaquin is, and he agreed, but mentioned that Joaquin is seeing someone. As I was saying I figured as much, and started telling how I've seen him there with the other name-forgotten one, Joaquin shows up, puts his arm around Junior, and they affectionately kiss. Junior then gives me a sheepish "well I TOLD you" look, and I start fuming. Dammit dammit dammit. I can't have EITHER ONE!

That feeling lingered past waking, and the details and flow of the dream were SO realistic, that it took a while before I realized it was a dream. Of course, the 'can't have' part is pretty real, anyway. But at least they're not together!!

1 comment:

Daemian said...

Well maybe when I come up we will see him at the club. I'll let you hang on me like a stripper hanging from a pole. Maybe that will entice Mr. Joaquin to give you a "shot".

LOL.

Oh yeah... just send a damn email. :P