Monday, June 27, 2005

longest relationship

Back on June 11, as Ronny and I were driving toward Cedar Point, he asked how many long-term relationships I had been in. I asked what qualified as long-term. He said more than two months. This was one day after he and I hit two months, so I said two. Him and Sergio. Then it dawned on me. I've had two LTR's now, and they were both with Brazilians. Upon further reflection, the next one in line (5 wks) was Puerto Rican. Next, at 3 weeks plus supplemental visits :) was a hot little black army boy. Tied at 3 weeks was my first (a black virgin islander opera major) and a medical resident (the only white boy on this list). I guess I DO like the dark meat, huh???

This will come in handy later, though it may sound irrelevant now: Thursday night, Ronny stayed over. On his way to his car on Friday morning, he said "See you Saturday."

So, Friday night we had a little dinner party for Nick, who graduated and is moving to Spain! They couldn't get organized well enough in advance to give me an opportunity to make the white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry coulis, so I did fresh banana bread and artichoke dip. Found Ben & Jerry's on sale, so brought some Karamel Sutra and Mint Chocolate Cookie. The party was at Brian and Irma's. They live like an HOUR away from here, next to a swamp. Irma got the bright idea to eat outside. I got about 30 mosquito bites before they realized we needed to move it back inside. About 11:30 I got a phone call from Ronny. He was NOT happy that I was not home. Got a little angry, actually. He apparently rushed to finish everything and got here about 10:30, to find I was not home. Saturday he was a little petulant. Said it wasn't really appropriate for me to not tell him I had plans for the night. Is he my "boyfriend" or just someone to be around with. Though, in my defense, I really did think he meant he was too tired, and didn't want to come over that night.
I guess I'm still learning. As mentioned earlier, this is my second relationship. Number one was with someone who lived about an hour away (1:15 for him, 'cuz I drove faster), so we had a pretty set schedule, and called before leaving. Or arranged things on email throughout the day. Ronny is not on email, and lives about 2 miles away. So, he has on several occassions "stopped by" and called from outside my door. I am going to have to learn a little more dating behaviors.
I spent some time calming Ronny down. I think I managed to demonstrate I really was sorry and would do better. Sunday I even bought him a Spongebob toothbrush!! He liked it. :)

Still haven't heard from or about psycho ex lately. I think he's still in Mass. I may have been right about the Arizona thing not really happening.

No comments: