Monday, June 06, 2005

dreamer

Friday I went to Madagascar with Nish. Funny movie! Afterwards, sat and chatted with Nish for a while. He got into a discussion of my low self-esteem issues and how I need to snap out of it. It was so reminiscent of being in college.

Saturday I had invited a bunch of people over for a party. Some people accepted, a couple declined. Most didn't reply. None came. Not so boosty to the self-esteem. But, what the hell... Ronny showed up about 11. (He was planning to come over after work.) He had Cris with him! So, TECHNICALLY, I can't say nobody came... Visited a little bit - or as much as I can with Ronny and another Brazilian who speaks far less English. Then I dropped Ronny off at home and went to the club. Cris was already there, with Brad, and that whole gang (sans the psycho ex, thankfully). Had fun! Another Brazilian joined the group. They knew him. He introduced himself - I didn't catch the name. We'll call him PushyBoy. He seemed interested in me. *sigh* I was NOT interested in him. Nish and I left a little early, but ended up standing outside chatting for like an hour. During which point PushyBoy stopped by to join us. He eventually clued in that we were talking about specific things that exluded him, and got in his car and "left". Except when I walked to my car, I discovered that he had just moved his car, then moved to the bar down street, and was stalking me. He followed me to my car. Told me how attractive I am, and I look 19, and he wants my number, and where do I live, and yadda yadda yadda. I told him I was seeing someone, but that didn't seem to phase him much. So I got in my car. Left the windows rolled up. Drove away. Luckily, he only followed me to the light, and then he went home. But it was like 70 that night, and I SO wanted to come home with the top down. Damn stalkers...
(And by the way, Ronny was NOT pleased that I had seen Madagascar without him, either.)

Sunday Nick came over to Burnout a while. Ronny called after work. Seemed a little exasperated that I was spending time with ANOTHER friend. I tell him he works too much. It should be better this weekend, when we have 4 days to ourselves (and a couple roller coasters) without him having to leave for work.

Sunday night I had a weird reality TV show dream. We were divided into teams, and had to do some project. (Don't remember the details.) But, it was in some other realm, and it was New Years Eve. The winning team (the best project - but again, I'm not sure how they were judged) got to go back home to the real world. But you had to say "Pumpkin" at the stroke of midnight. (OK, so "reality TV" may be the wrong term, but the stuff actually ON these days isn't much better!) So, we were all at this big banquet, having a blast, and midnight approached. The countdown began: FIVE....... FOUR....... THREE......... TWO........ ONE-the alarm went off. Exactly at the stroke of midnight. At first I was a little annoyed that I didn't get to see what happened - or yell out "pumpkin". Then I realized, that at the stroke of midnight, I did leave the magical realm to go back home. Kinda freaky.

No comments: