Sunday, June 19, 2005

"I am Batman..."

Friday night I had another interesting dream. I've had Madonna videos, Seinfeld episodes, and several murder mystery movies. I even dreamed a Lifetime original after-school-special kind of movie once, complete with credits. That's a little freaky...
Anyway, so this one was Apparently in honor of the new movie in megaplexes right now. I was going to a dinner party with Superman and Wonder Woman at Batman's house. I think I was also a super-friend in the dream, but couldn't see my own costume, so do not know which one. (Though I think my power was pointing out the obvious. No comments from the peanut gallery!)
Dinner was going along fine until Batman FLIPPED out. Completely went nutso. SM, WW, and I kinda looked at each other with that uncomfortable grimmace, and SM and I decided to "take care" of the situation. Which of course in comic books means KILL the bad guy, who in this case was Batman. (Oh, I should mention, in THIS version, Batman lived in a boring middle class colonial in some vapid suburb.) You would think having Superman on your side would come in handy in a situation like this, but he was kind of a wuss here. After getting nowhere for a while we hatched a more formidable plan. It involved pouring lighter fluid all over the stove. Then we punched out BM so he fell backwards onto the stove. Then lit the burner, and FWOOOF - Bat Flambe!
As we head to leave, I somehow realize that WW is in the bathroom. So I open the door, she's taking a shower. (Ashy pale skin, kinda flat, not very attractive physique. Turns out her name is Wendy!) She looked a little insulted that I walked in on her, but I mentioned that the house was about to burn down and she needed to leave immediately. She was a little more grateful, then.
So SM and I leave, he's about to get in his car (Ford Explorer for those keeping track), and I realize still no WW. I said I thought we should make sure she made it out OK before leaving. He's like Oh all right... As we head back to the house, I notice the kitchen is not engulfed in flames, so we figure BM must still be on the move. We kind of hide, then hear him go into the garage. So we go in the house, SM follows BM into the garage, I go knock on the bathroom door.
"Are you COMING??"
"Do you REALIZE how difficult this suit is to get ON!?"
"Just throw on a pair of jeans and worry about the suit LATER!"
(Somehow it seemed obvious at the time that Wonder Woman would keep a spare pair jeans in Batman's bathroom.)
So, WW finally gets done in the bathroom, we head into the garage. SM is on the phone with a locksmith asking him to come over and open up the storage lockers in Batman's garage. Superman needing a locksmith. Now that's not something you normally see in a Marvel comic!! So, as SM tries to figure out where BM is hiding in the garage, WW heads outside and finds a secret door that heads to a secret basement, complete with gun-toting henchmen who are REALLY easy to knock out. I tell SM to follow. We head downstairs, WW is gone. Head around the corner, and there is a hallway of rooms. I go in one, nothing. Go in another, and there's Wonder Woman, tied down to a bed. I let her loose and we continue on. We go look for Superman. Can't find him. Now WW is gone again. I head back to the rooms. Go in another one, there's this guy Corey. Late 30's, pasty, balding, not healthy looking. He tells me that Bruce Wayne had kidnapped him and was doing experiments on him. Cue ominous music. I decide I NEED to tell SM and WW about this one. Can't find them, of course. Head back to the rooms. New room. Really dim inside. There's a woman on the bed.
"Wendy??" (Remember, that's Wonder Woman.)
"nnnn" faintly.
I go up to the woman, but can't really see her. She's too weak to talk. I keep thinking it's WW. So, she grabs a Polaroid camera and snaps one of her face, so the light will show who she is.
"SUZANNA!?!"
(Yes, I am aware that it is odd for someone too weak to speak to whip out a Polaroid camera... And, no, you are not supposed to know who Suzanna is. One of those Plot Twists! Dun-dun-duuuuuuunnn)
"I thought you were dead!!"
"hsnnnhs"
I lean in much closer.
"Bruce staged my death so he..."
Someone is coming down the hall. I hide behind the door. There's a fiery glow coming down the hallway that I can see through the crack under the door. BM is apparently still ablaze, but now it's become 'part' of him. (Incidentally, he was also now accompanied by a metallic rotary grinding sound - sort of like out of War of the Worlds.)
That's when I woke up. Bummer, huh?
The thought of Wonder Woman in a bathroom struggling to get into her tights is just so funny, though, isn't it?? In all those superhero comics, it was always this magical twirl or swooshing through a phone booth, and Presto! the costume change is complete. Having one sit there kvetching about it is a little refreshing!

No comments: