Monday, June 23, 2008

Pride 2008 - Providence

Friday night I was at work. Boring as hell. No cuties, no hotties, no hotdog guy...

Saturday I went to Providence, but could not get a hold of Nish or Denison. Narinn was in New Hampshire. I ended up meeting up with Eddie at the mall. We went to the Cheesecake Factory, toured the festival, and then wandered the mall. (I got Ben and Jerry's new flavor Cake Batter - yellow cake batter ice cream with chocolate frosting swirl - Yummmmmmmyyyyyy!!) We checked on showtimes the the theater and decided to go see the Hulk. Meanwhile we wandered through Old Navy.

Then Nish called. He was leaving his trick's house, and said he'd meet us at the mall and go see Hulk with us. By the time he got there, he got a hold of Narinn, and decided to go to the festival instead, so we ditched the theater plans, too, and headed back to the festival grounds. Hung out with them, saw a bunch of Worcester people, including Junior, Cristiano, and Kevin.

Later, Eddie left to get to work, and we caught up with Denison and Jean. Just in time for the parade. A couple fun moments, but generally, just another damn parade. After it was over, we stopped at Subway for a quick bite, and the owner/manager was in a Foul mood. Imagine the Soup Nazi running a sandwich counter... It was a self-service soda fountain, but he turned it on only when someone was next to it. I poured a Barq's root beer, which as anyone who has had root beer knows, foams up, so you have to get rid of all that foam before you can finish filling the cup. He had shut the machine off by then, so I waited for the next person to come over, and the light came on, I finished filling the cup. He comes running out to yell at me that there are no free refills. I said I only filled it the first time. He said he saw me fill and drink and fill and drink. Whatever. Some people need to learn the value of repeat customers. So, I am issuing a Boycott of the Subway restaurant in front of the bus station at Kennedy Plaza in Providence!! Power to the People!!

We headed next to one of the bars. We walked past Wheels - lots of music and people and fun. We walked past Eagle - lots of music and people and fun. We bumped into Junior, Cristiano, and Kevin (Cristiano thought Jean was cute). They headed into Mirabar - lots of music and people and fun. We kept going, and went to Dark Lady - lots of people, no music. Nish, Jean, and I are like Let's go back to Mirabar!! Denison said Narinn was waiting for us at Dark Lady, so we went in. $15 each - apparently for a cause of some sort. Then someone said we should grab Narinn and go to Mirabar. I pointed out we could have sent in just ONE person if that was the plan, and Jean concurred that we had just dropped $60 collectively, we may as well stay. Apparently they were having some glitches with the sound system, and it did come back on. The dance floor inside the bar was going well, too. Nish bumped into Mark - the quasi-broken-up ex. They spent the entire night together; hand in hand. I spent the night hand in hand with Denison. We danced a lot, as a couple. He kept grabbing my hand, or pulling me close, or putting his arm around me. Narinn was flirting with everyone in sight, again. I've witnessed myself how it never goes anywhere, but it still amazes me what a total slut he likes to act like. Shirtless the entire time, of course. At one point, I saw weird-look guy again. We made eye-contact, but neither of us made any gesture of recognition, so I dropped it. A little later, Denison tried pointing my attention in a particular direction, and I saw Sergio. He says, "That's your ex, right?" "Yup." Nish is good friends with Denison, and I had told him a little about Sergio, and how I met Nish, so he knew who it was. I never made eye contact with Sergio, and I didn't go say hi.

They wrapped up about 2:10, and pushed everyone out. We grabbed some food (I just got a Fanta), and wandered around car to car. First we dropped Nish at his car (he went back to the trick's place). Then we headed to Jean's car. He dropped Denison, Narinn, and I at my car, then went to his friend Rob's place. The three of us went to Narinn's house, and Denison and I stayed in the guest room. Jim woke up when we came in, and there was a little tiff on display. I hate being witness to awkward domestic Things. Washed up and went to sleep. I wanted to have sex with Denison so bad, but I was not going to do that in someone else's guest room. We played around a bit, and did some more kissing and grinding, but the shorts stayed on the whole time.

We got up about noon. Narinn said Jim left for work about 8am, so it was just us. I took a shower. Then Narinn did; he left the bathroom door wide open. Then Denison went to take a shower. Narinn comes in and asks me to rub Vitamin E oil on his back, then goes in his room. About 5 minutes later, heads into the bathroom wearing only his underwear. Denison is in the shower (clear curtain). I hear N say "it's just me" and then he started shaving. They've been friends for years, and I didn't suspect anything inappropriate, but it was still just a little too strange for me. As I said he's just an absolute flirt. But still...

While getting ready Nish called. He said he'd shower and meet us for brunch. As we were all finishing up and heading out the door, Nish called to ask if he could come take a shower there (the hot water was out at the trick's place). Narinn said No, we were already leaving. Nish met up with us at DownCity for brunch, a little grumpy. He hadn't showered, and kind of blamed us for not waiting. There was a total preppy blonde boy sitting at the table nearby, and Narinn went into flirt mode again. Got his number. The kid lives in South Bend, Indiana. We all wagered they'll never see each other again. Narinn made the comment that he and Denison tend to have the same taste (Narinn has flirted heavily with me, as I've noted, but again, that's nothing significant in and of itself). Then he said that he does tend to go for ones a little chunkier than Denison does. I didn't outwardly react, but it struck me. Not sure if I should 'read' anything into that, as it may or may not relate to me. Nish had said once that I am not really Denison's type. I guess I better get working on that 'lose 10 pounds' goal one of these days! (Still at 12 from the WI visit.)

After a eating, we wandered around for the block party. When we eventually found it, it was empty, and charging $10 to get in. So we headed over to the Eagle. Also dead, but free. From there, we were going to head back to the block party, see if it picked up, but Nish decided to go home. So, I headed down with Narinn and Denison. I had Denison's bag in my car, so I needed to establish where he was going before I just left. I suggested he ride back with me, and come over to my place a little while. If he didn't track down Jean, he'd be taking the bus home anyway, so it wouldn't matter if he bused from pride or from my place. He seemed to consider it, but didn't say "Let's go!" so I let it just drift. The block party was still empty, but we bumped into Jean and Rob out front. They hadn't eaten, so Rob was trying to get us to all go to the mall food court. D, N, and I were still full enough from our brunch, and Jean had NO interest in food court options, so eventually they wandered off to find a "gay place" to eat lunch. That left the three of us again wondering what to do. I said I should just go home. Narinn was like "why are you leaving?" I said there was no point staying if we're just gonna stand around picking our noses. Denison seemed to think that was hilarious. Maybe it was a little too apt. But we headed to my car, Denison grabbed his bag, and I drove home. He kissed me several times before I left. Real kisses. I got goodbye-kiss from Narinn, too.

It's just as well that I came home alone, though. I took a two hour nap, and then headed to the club to work all night. I agreed to cover the front door on Sunday night so Danielle could celebrate her 21st birthday. I did OK until about 1am, and then I started feeling tired. Left a little after 2, and got about 3.5 hours of sleep before getting up for work. I actually did pretty well today, too. Didn't feel any worse than any other day at that place, until after 3:30. Once everybody leaves, it slows down. Once it slowed, I started feeling tired. I'm a little droopy right now, but should make it until bedtime!

I will not be able to join anyone in NYC for next weekend's pride festivities, because of my schedule at the club. It's starting to look like time to quit there. It was fun while it lasted, but now it's interfering with fun. Denison said he probably won't go to NYC either because of his work schedule, so I said if he's in town yet, we should get together. He liked that idea!

1 comment:

Daemian said...

So we will both be working at the club on my Birthday. it'll be my last night there. I am glad you had fun at pride in Providence.