Monday, June 02, 2008

Cinemascope

Due to a schedule adjustment, I had Friday night off from work. I met up with Daemian for dinner and a little shopping. I got a call from Brad to see if I wanted to join them at the 8pm showing of Indiana Jones. I said Yes! Daemian was upset, cuz he had to work that night, so would not be able to join.

Ronny ended up making it to the theater, as well, as did Brad's tenant Cory, with his friend Dave, and BF (don't remember the name). It was a fun movie, and I enjoyed it, but kind of like the Star Wars movies, it felt empty somehow in comparison to the originals. They resorted to Guy-getting-hit-in-the-balls. We waited all this time for a sequel, and they can't come up with anything better? Wasn't the writer's strike over with?? And boy did they go to a LOT of trouble to set up the sequels...

After the movie, I ended up at Brad's house. The three of us watched Shortbus - he'd DVR'ed it off the sundance channel. Now that movie surprised us by how good it was! It starts off with a hot gay guy jerking off and attempting autofellatio (ended up as a sweet kiss), so we of course were hooked, but it actually had substantive characters and a real plot. I do recommend it, for those who haven't already seen it.

I stopped in at the club on my way home. The hotdog vendor was right outside the club. He has been rather flirty with me, so I took a chance. Having mildly flirted that night, I wrote my number down and put it in my pocket. As he was about to start packing up (i.e. I waited until there weren't a bunch of people around), I asked him "If I give you my number, would you call?" He said "No". Pause... Then he followed up with "I'm a solitary guy." Solitary?? I asked him to call me, not move in together!! Whatever. I played calm, and said I was working Saturday, so would see him tomorrow.

Saturday, just as I was getting in my car from the gym, I got a call from Eddie. He was going to see Sex and the City with Lady Sabrina, and asked if I'd want to join. I said Yes! I really liked the movie. I keep reading reviews that are quite critical of it, but I always get defensive and disagree with their complaints. So, that proves I must have liked it!! Spoiler alert: The one thing I didn't like was how quickly she said yes at the end. I mean after not speaking for that long, I would take more than 5 minutes to get over it.

After the movie, we did a little shopping, and I bought a stack of Blurays. Then had dinner. Then went to work! I had not told anyone about trying to connect with hotdog guy, so they did not realize the implication when I heard tell that Katie gave him her number and he called her that night to come over, and she said No. (Katie being one of the former staff member's faghag, and was being referred to that night as "short and fat".) Solitary guy my ass... But he was all smiles and waves and gave me a free fried dough. I was pleasant and mildly flirty.

Speaking of flirty - Junior was there, as well. He was curiously flirty, again. Giving me looks and such, even waved his butt at me (pants dragged down, but underwear still in place). I of course signaled for him to turn around, so he grabbed his crotch and pretended to undo his pants. I acted gleeful. Tease, tease, tease. Luther and Keniah showed up, too. As they were leaving, Luther went to the trouble of saying the two of them should bring home hotdog guy to play around with. Damn, I just can not catch a break!

Sunday, Ronny, Brad, and Cris met up with me for brunch at IHOP, then we came back to my place. I wow'ed Brad with WoW and Hellgate London on my TV, then we watched Hairspray in Bluray. Brad uttered the phrase at one point "now I want to get Bluray"! Then we played a game, while 300 and Fifth Element played in the background.

I sent another quick message to the manhunt guy that was interested in relationships, and seemed interested in me. Listed my number again "in case he didn't get my last message". Still no response. Ughhhh.

No comments: