Monday, June 16, 2008

Pride 2008 - Boston

Before we begin, you may want to refresh yourself on the events of Memorial weekend, see 5/27/08. There is one addendum; the friend we met up with in Providence is actually named Narinn, not Arren. I should also mention that this Wednesday I stopped in at the club to check my schedule. I was down for Friday night only, which was good, but there was a notice for a staff meeting Saturday night at 8. Not gonna happen. I did tell the owner when I saw him Friday that I was not coming back from Boston for the meeting, but asked for July 4 off. Back to Wednesday, I saw this hunky latino guy, whose name I don't remember, that I met at Sabrina's birthday party (during which time he had a husband and an adopted son). We'll call him Rico. He was with friends, and did not have a ring on. I thought he had one at the party. I said hello, and how are you; he said “much better NOW”, which was not clear, but I didn’t ask. I had a guess, but didn’t want to suggest anything.

Friday was slow, but the hotdog guy was parked right outside our door. I waved hello, and held his drink for him at my table. I was being fairly ambivalent, as mentioned last time. Katie was there, standing by the cart all night. At one point, around 12:30 or so, hotdog guy came in holding a cheeseburger and asked what condiments I like. I said just ketchup; he put ketchup on and gave it to me. I commented on him being so nice, and he said he “needed to get rid of it”. I didn’t ask, but the first image through my mind was that it fell on the ground. A few minutes later, Katie stormed in demanding I give her the cheeseburger; she’d been trying to get a freebie from him, and he wouldn’t give her one. Interesting plot twist. She also made a comment later referencing the fact that she never did anything with him. On my way out after turning in my drawer, I stopped to flirt for a few minutes, then went home. He gave me a free hotdog.

Saturday morning I got up, got ready, ate the hotdog, and headed into Boston for the Pride parade. Nish was in the parade, and said he’d meet me afterwards at the block party by City Hall. He gave me Denison’s number, but he said he’d be about an hour. I called my friend Peter, but he was at a party, and said he’d meet me at the block party by Fritz. I called my friend Kenny (whom I met through Peter), and he said he was on his way, and would meet me to watch the parade over by Fritz (Kenny never showed up, and I didn’t find Peter). I watched the whole parade by myself, took a few pictures. Typical parade. Not terribly exciting. There were a bunch of Obama supporters in it, but he didn’t come (no surprise); there was no McCain entry in the parade (no surprise). There was a FTM in boydrag as Jesus. The hotties were on the Manhunt and Bacardi floats. Bacardi and Jaegermeister were both in the parade, but neither handed out samples, though I got some CD-rom from Cirque du Soleil. After the parade, I started heading towards downtown. I happened to bump into Mateus, so visited with him for a while as we headed down. Eventually met up with Nish at the City Hall party, then found his friend John, and then found Denison. Nish, John, and I headed to Fajitas & Ritas for a little bite to eat, but Denison was waiting for Jean to show up. Well, Jean never showed, so Denison joined us a little late. The food was not that good, and the service was really slow.

Denison and I headed to the Fritz party, as Nish went to shower and change at Samir’s house. Samir (yes, he’s from India) has apparently been Nish’s BF for a month now, and this was the first I was hearing of it, as well. At the party, we bumped into Jean and a bunch of their friends. I saw a couple other friends, as well, including Mateus, Diego (reformed eywww-troll-guy, who smiled and said hi), Puerto Rican Bottom Boy (see last Christmas / New Year time frame), some Worcester people, Brad’s friend Cory, and a couple familiar looking Brazilian hotties. Nish showed up right after Denison left to go to work, so I was hanging out with Nish. As we were leaving, I bumped into Rico who was also talking to that John I had been trying to get a phone number from at my club, but he hasn’t been in since saying he would stop in to see me. I said I still work Friday nights, so he should stop in, just to say hi to me. Said hi to Rico, who was with different friends, and again no ring. They must have broken up right after Memorial Day. From there, Nish and I went back to Samir’s and I showered and changed, as did Nish. I met Samir; nice guy, doctor, nice place. Nish isn’t sure if he ‘feels anything’ for Samir. Everyone is laying odds on October as when Nish and Mark get back together again. The three of us headed to a south-Asian group party, “Masala”. Lots more non-Asians there than I was expecting. Lots more cuties than I was expecting, as well. We bumped into Nish’s friends Derrick and Ben, whom I had met at Nish’s 30th BD party. Derrick is my type, but Ben is his long time BF, so off limits. Nish and I left early to head down to the Wang Center to go see Chris Rock perform.

Denison works for the Wang, kind of manages it, actually, and got us in for free. The show was great, he was very funny. Nish complained about all the pussy jokes, but really, what else would you expect. We left the Wang about 12:10 and headed across the street to the Roxy, for a night at Epic. I bumped into Roxy, the guy I had met months ago at my club, and never heard from, even though he gave me his number, and claimed to be very interested. He told us Epic was ‘sold out’ and they were only letting in people who pre-bought tickets. I chatted with him briefly, said he should call me, he said yea definitely, then he left, and I assumed he’ll never call. We started to leave, figuring we’d check at Rise what their cover was that night – rumor was $50. Denison happened to call, and Nish told him what was going on, so Denison came over, talked to the bouncers, and got us comp’ed in. So, not only did we get in when others couldn’t, but we didn’t have to pay. And Epic was charging $30 that night. Nothing special, but Junior Vasquez was DJ. And he sucked. The music was horrible. Too many of those “dramatic pauses” where the music stops for a while so everyone goes wild when it resumes. Only it was like 3 times per song, and the pauses were too long. I hate those anyway, and if I owned my own club I would forbid the DJ’s to ever do that. He also had a lot of really screechy vocals, weak bass lines, lame song choices, and not enough energy. Nish said he was just glad we didn’t actually pay for this. While at Epic, we bumped into Christian, from Memorial weekend, who then tracked down Narinn, and rubbed his hand stamp off onto Narinn’s hand so he could get in. Meanwhile Nish found Sergio, and assumed he’d be there with Mark and Chuck, and whoever else, so went over to say hi. He was not with any of them, but we said hi. It was rather awkward. He liked my head buzzed, and rubbed it a couple times. I said thank you, and Nish said I had a strained-looking smile. I had met Sergio on a dance floor, so it just triggered too much for me. Also bumped into weird-looks guy from Memorial weekend; smiled and waved, he gave me a quick glance, and then moved on.

After they closed, we hung outside the Wang for Denison to finish up. Rise was confirmed at $50, so we all decided not to go. We stopped at a pizza place, then headed home. Narinn stayed at a friend’s place, Nish went back to Samir’s, and Denison and I went back to his place. We just went to sleep, and that was that. But later on, something went Bump In The Night. I won’t give the personal details, but let’s just say he needs A/C. Sunday morning was slow, and relaxed. It was 50’s and raining, so not a good day for the Stuart St block party. We just hung out for a while, Denison made lunch. I got a phone call from Russell, who happened to be wandering around Boston with his GF, and stumbled upon a rainbow of festivity on Stuart St. He would have gone in if not for the cover ($10), just for the fun of it. It’s just as well, there really is nothing there other than drinking and hanging out with friends. About 5:30, the weather was a little bit nicer, so we decided to go to the block party ourselves. Nish and Narinn were already there. Then Jean and their friend Eve joined, as well. Saw Mateus again; said hello. Saw my friend Kevin (Junior’s ex). I even saw the cute guy that randomly ran up and kissed me that one night at Epic; waved and said hi, as did he. Tracy Young was spinning, and several dancers were gyrating in their briefs. My favorite was the Brazilian one – naturally. The music was really good, and we danced the most at that party. Narinn’s foot was feeling better, so he was able to dance, more, too (a forklift ran over his foot at work a week earlier). Denison and I were dancing together quite a bit, though still presenting a level of interaction that was not noticeably different than before. Jean and Eve were dancing, and Denison grabbed me to go over to where they were, which ended up being right next to Mateus and his friends (several of which were very damn cute). At one point, I caught a glimpse of Mateus looking at me dancing with Denison, with a mildly jealous look. Nish expects that will trigger him to give me a call. Bumped into Roxy again, so said Hi.

The plan was to head to Fritz (and go inside the bar) after the block party to watch the Celtics game. Since I have no interest, I was going to take that opportunity to go home. Too many people, however, decided that they were hungry, wanted food, and I was not allowed to leave. While we were standing there deciding what to do, and wait for Eve and his BF Ricardo to run to the ATM, Narinn’s incessant flirting brought the attention of two New Hampshirites in town for the festivities. I heard one of them speaking Portuguese, so when they came over to talk to us, and he said I was cute, and I said he was cute, and he said “Really?”, I replied in Portuguese that Eu gosto dos Brasilieros. His name was something like Marcelini, and we kissed a few times before we headed to Fritz. I told him I work at my club job on Fri nights, and he said he’d come down. Implied that he’d enjoy staying at my place. When our group got to Fritz, the bickering began, and we ended up at Club Café instead. There, I bumped into Cory again, with his friend Dave. The seven of us got a table, and Dension, Narinn, and I sat on the end, didn’t order anything, but ended up getting kind of intertwined with legs and arms on each other. Narinn was getting very flirty with me, but he’s a huge flirt, and it never goes anywhere, since he has a BF (with a gorgeous house, as I mentioned before). He was rubbing his hand down my chest and stomach, saying stuff along the lines of “oooh” and “nice”. Since I’m way fatter than either he or his BF, it made me a little embarrassed. He indicated further toward my crotch and said “what’s down there?” to which I replied that what was in back was more important. He didn’t get it, so I whispered in his ear that I am a bottom. He seemed to like hearing that. Flirting for the fun of it, with no intentions, is something I’ve never been good at, while Narinn would randomly say “Hi Cutie” to people we passed on the street. So, again, I didn’t take it seriously. After a little bit, the three of us decided to just each go home, so we headed out. As soon as we left, they announced they wanted to stop for food in Chinatown. The food at Club Café isn’t all that great, so I understand. We went to Pho Pasteur for Vietnamese food; Denison insisted I have some of his chicken. We left there, Denison jumped on the T to go home, and I drove Narinn over to where he was parked, then went home, myself. Next week is Providence, and I jokingly said we’re all going to stay at Narinn’s house, but I think that turned into a reality. As we separated, Denison gave me a nice kiss goodnight, and what appeared to be the ‘call-me’ gesture.

In some regards, it was an even better weekend than Memorial Day, though most of it was a result of everyone I met that time. It was a little strange how many random “blast from the past” people I bumped into. But I had a great time, and am looking forward to spending next weekend with many of the same friends down in Providence!

No comments: