Thursday, December 13, 2007

Winter Excursion - getting home

We got hit by a snowstorm today. Fast and furious snowfall. It started right about noon, and by 4pm, there was a thick blanket over my car. Spent a few minutes cleaning it off, then headed home. For those of you who don't recall, I live a full one and a half miles from work. It normally takes me 8 minutes to get home. I can got TO work in 4 or 5 depending on stop lights, but the traffic is heavier in the afternoon. Today it took me an HOUR to get home. Yes, folks, a full hour. Now, mind you, I did pull over for a few minutes to give some poor schlub a jump. We were not moving very fast, anyway, so I figured why not.

Tonight I would have gone to the gym, and stopped at the Kinko's/FedEx across the street to send out the Christmas gifts to my parents' house (so I don't have to lug it on the airplane, or have it get lost in baggage for three days) and to my sister's house (she won't make it by my parents this year). That's just over four miles away. So, three hours there, and three hours back... just not worth it.

Last night I stopped at Target and discovered some new chocolate. Kisses come in Mint Truffle and Hot Cocoa now, and Hershey's Miniatures have a mint lover collection. I haven't gotten to the Truffle Kisses yet, but the other two are yummy. I also picked up some burgundy Queen Anne's chocolate covered cherries. If you have never tried them, I highly recommend them (for those who like choc-cov cherries to begin with). The burgundy is like a hint of almond extract to them, and Ooooohhhh grrrrl, are they delicious!

So, instead of exercising at the gym tonight, I will most likely end up pigging out on chocolate! Christmas is coming!!

2 comments:

Daemian said...

Jesu Christo... an hour!!!

Today we had ICE fall from the sky, but not a ton of it stuck. Had some rain... then back to ice... BIG chunks of ice. It ruined 3 umbrellas.

Damn storms. I heard you guys were supposed to get 8" - 12" of snow today. Saturday is gonna suck. I have to go in to work and there is a noreaster heading here for Saturday.

:(

Pray for me.

Amy Roth said...

Ah, Nor'easters...
don't miss those damn things, not one bit!

everyone thought we were crazy to go to Oregon with "all the rain" and "bad weather" but Portland's weather is fantabulous and I'll take rain over that other shit anyday!