Thursday, October 25, 2007

Secret Coincidence

BACKGROUND:
They want me to be Janet from Rocky Horror this Saturday at the club. I had asked Mimi (drag queen) for hair and makeup assistance, and she said sure! I said I hadn't done drag since college, she wanted to see pics. I brought them in last Saturday, but she was not in, so I have them in my car waiting until I see her again. Last Sunday I found a cardigan, shoes, and a purse, but no luck with the pink dress. Wednesday I mapped out what I all need to get done on what day this week. That night included dress shopping, again to no avail. Thursday's plan includes hair removal.

MORE BACKGROUND:
About 12/15 years ago, the company I work for hired a Charles in the Quality department, who left the company as a Charlene. Surgically. There is still a harassment suit working it's way through the courts.

FUNNY STORY:
Today I was talking about work related stuff with the engineer I kinda have a thing for and the sales guy who is a body-builder. Eventually, they mentioned that the production supervisor has a brother, Ray, who used to work there years ago on a particular machine. The engineer slipped in a "or Rachel" after the name was uttered. I required explanation. Apparently, one day shortly after Halloween about 25 years ago, Ray came to work with Halloween party pictures, including himself in drag. He was quite proud of it and showed it to everyone, and kept a copy in his toolbox at work. He was married, with kids, and the wife even helped him shave and do the makeup. Ray would mention how much he enjoyed it, liked the panties, and the hosiery, etc. Shortly after that, he stopped working there (I'm not clear on those details) and began living life in women's clothes full time.

As the two were telling the story, they would interject comments about how mind-boggling the whole thing is, they felt bad for the kids, the wife, the brother (who still works there). It was "f@#%^'ed up" and "stupid". One of them looked at me and said "beware of Halloween parties!" It was all I could do to keep myself from running to the car and getting my drag pictures or telling them what I'm in the middle of preparing for this weekend!! I kept my face expressioned in a way that the smirks looked like pitying commentary, rather than suppressed giggles!

No comments: