Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Flirt

Last weekend started out promising, but again, went nowhere.

Friday evening I got a phone call from an unknown number. That number had called twice before throughout the week, so I was thinking it might not be a telemarketer. I still didn't answer, though. They had not left a message, so I was still skeptical. As soon as the call ended, they called back again. At that point, I decided to answer. I was greeted by a Brazilian voice. I asked who it was, and he said, "You don't remember me?" This threw me off. The only Brazilian I had spoken to on the phone but wouldn't 'remember' was Brazilian Bottom Boy (Whom I had called asking to meet up some time so he could return my jacket). It was Mr. I'll-call-you-tomorrow, though! Marcelo apparently has a thing against leaving messages. He was still at work, and had to work in the morning, so we couldn't meet up that night. I called Monday, and he said he worked until 9, but would call me after to meet up for a little bit, but - true to form - he did not call.

Friday night at the club was really really dead. The plus side is that it gives me more time to talk to customers coming in. One - whose name I did not catch, so we'll call James - was rather cute, and seemed interested, but stayed at the bar the whole time, so I didn't get a chance to move beyond the greeting flirtiness. Then there was Rob - military guy, kinda attractive but not doin' it for me. He was noticeably interested, and was touchy-feely and flirty all night. Until 1am, that is. He left. There was also Jose. He was staring at me with a big goofy grin, but I got the impression he was behaving that way more because he was high than because he was interested.

Luther showed up as well, by himself. I took the opportunity to make an obvious pass. He was being flirty as well (he shook his ass at me, so I grabbed it), but made the usual comment about not gonna work. I said I'd be happy with just some good making out. He made an appreciative comment, but might have gotten scared off. He left early, saying he would be back later, just had to check in with Keniah, but he never did. Well, they did show up together on Saturday. So I said, "Oh, well, you said you'd come back!" I imagine he caught the accusation buried in there.

Then there was Tom. I've seen him a few times. Great body, cute face, dorky glasses, and very timid personality. He stopped by to drop off his shirt at the coat check. It was quite warm out this weekend, so I wasn't running an actual coat check, so I said I'd take the shirt, but he didn't have to pay. He asked if I was sure about that. I said he could kiss me instead if it would make him feel better. So, he gave me a nice kiss, put a dollar on the counter, and said he'd give me both. I mentioned it to one of the other staff that night (don't remember who) and they said something to the effect of "Oh, that's So-and-So's boyfriend." Dammit. When he left, he was with his friends, and/or boyfriend, so I didn't get another kiss, but I did get another dollar when he took the shirt back.

Saturday, "James" was back. Did the same thing. Gave me looks that implied he is interested. So, as he came in, I chatted briefly. He started walking inside, so I said I hoped he be back later, and he said "Oh definitely!" He stayed at the bar until he left (at like 12). Other than that, there was a definite lack of options on Saturday, even though it was Much busier.

I was over at Ronny's house this weekend to help him fix his computer again. (I'm not that competent of an IT guy, but with my friends, I can apparently figure out more than they can. Kind of like how often I've helped wire up stereo equipment.) I brought my camera along, and dumped the farewell party photos onto Junior's computer, and copied over his photos from the Six Flags trip. There were not a lot of good pictures. Partly the camera isn't that great, and I think Ronny actually has a better eye for photos than Junior. The best one of the trip, (Yea, surprise, surprise) I'd say, is this one of Junior.

No comments: