Sunday, June 03, 2007

Security, part 2

I worked again this weekend. And I got my paycheck for last weekend. $65!! Wuhoo!! But, it's not really about the money. It's about the boys...

So, the real story is (as you would expect) about the Brazilians. But not until Saturday. Friday night was DEAD. Nobody there at all. But the flood light for the smoking patio out back was on the fritz, so we strung yellow and red Christmas lights all around, and set out a light-display palm tree. Everybody liked that WAY better than the motion sensor flood light, anyway.

Saturday night was also pretty slow. I was wandering around, and I saw Carlos (flirty and cute, but flaky and hard to get a committed response out of)there. He asked if I was alone, and I told him I was working there now. He asked if that meant I can't dance, and I said yes. He said that means I can't kiss, either. I quickly pointed out that I definitely can still kiss. So, I asked if he was there alone, and he said he's meeting some friends. Then said, "...Junio...." I pointed out that I know Junio. Then asked if HE can kiss. He got all bashful, and said he'd kiss me later.

Brad and Cris showed up, with my friend Phil, who had come down to Worcester to play board games all afternoon with us. Then Junio and Cristiano came. I asked where Kevin was, and Junio said "He went to bed because he has to work early in the morning, so I am FREE!" And gave me a kind of wink-wink look. But then spent the rest of the night looking sheepish and awkward.

Meanwhile, Carlos wouldn't kiss me, ostensibly because I would get fired if the boss caught me. I tried to explain they wouldn't really care. In fact, they might encourage it... (OH, side note: Friday night, the boss was hitting on me. He was rather intoxicated. I said I thought he was seeing one of the bartenders, and he said, oh they're just friends. Saturday night, I asked someone else about those two, and I was told, surprisedly, that everybody else thought they were together, too. Saturday, the boss apologized for his drunken behavior the night before. I said it didn't bother me at all.)

Later in the evening, I was talking to Carlos again. He asked who I lived with, and I said I live alone. So, he said he'd sleep at my place tonight. I had to hesitate, because Phil was planning to crash at my place. I said a friend was staying over, and he got all indignant looking, so I clarified that he is Just A Friend. I even said he could ask Brad if he wanted to check. So, he ran straight over to Brad and asked him. But he decided not to come over to my house, anyway.

The Brazilians all left right about 2. As they were pushing people toward the door, I went to tell Phil I would be done about quarter after if wanted to just wait outside. He said he would just drive home because he still needed to pack for an early flight on Sunday. So, we said good-night, and I went back to work. But once again, luck was conspiring against me. Carlos didn't come over because Phil would be there, but then Phil decided not to crash, but Carlos had already left, so I didn't get to tell him. He probably wouldn't have come over, anyway.

So, I was all alone again last night. And I never even got the kiss. He did the peck on the cheek. I said, No, on the lips, and he got all bashful and evasive again. What's it gonna take???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my new best friend. It may take some No-Dose and a Margarita but hell... do what you gotta do. :P

If someone wanted me while I was being all evasive I would say to hunt me. It's the only reason I would play coy, to get chased. I love being the one that turns the hunter into the hunted at the moment. Who knows, us latins are all alike sometimes... sometimes.