Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Tales

Armistead Maupin has just released book 7 in the Tales of the City series!!

I haven't bought it, yet, but I guarantee I will soon! (I just read about it like 5 minutes ago...)

Also in breaking news, I read an article about the Dyson Airblade. Apparently he's done vacuums, and now is moving on to public hand dryers. I have already used one!

I was at the Providence Place mall over the weekend (on a date, see posting below) and I used the restroom off the food court. There were these odd-looking things mounted on the wall. At first, I thought it looked like something to strap babies in while you're peeing, but it said "Dyson Airblade" on it. It claimed to be a fantabulous new way to dry your hands in a public bathroom! Being fond of fabulosity, I decided to give it a whirl! I was duly impressed. It's basically the same concept as the car wash dryers that blow the water back as you drive through, but it is faster and more fun than the normal blow-dryer style ones.

The article implied that a residential version is under development. At $1500 for a commercial one, I'm not sure I'll get one, but it would be kinda cool!

No comments: