Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sell sell sell

Okay, I can now sell my condo! Let me explain...
You are aware, I am sure, of the old addage that everything happens for a reason. The corollary to that would be that something NOT happening, is NOT happening for a reason. Case in point, getting an offer on my condo. I had thought the random appearance of the 2 year late insurance hearing was my 'hold-up' or the fact that I was being a chicken and using the move as the tool by which to break up with Ronny. But those have both come and gone, and nothing helped sell the condo.

So, the other Monday night I was watching Six Feet Under on Bravo, and there was a scene where Keith and David got in another fight and broke up. David felt miserable, so they met up to talk. Keith said not to give up on them, yet. The whole 'work this out' scene flashed Sergio to my mind. I then started crying, and continued for the next hour and a half. At first it really bothered me, because it has been SO long since I'd cried over him. The more I thought about it, though, the more I realized that I had never really dealt with the situation or gotten closure. He dumped me, I asked him not to, then I ignored him for two and a half years because I couldn't bear it. So, the wound was still there, and festering. I got the idea that maybe the reason I was still stuck in MA was because I needed to flush the wound to get the healing going or I would be cursed with a lifetime of failed relationships.

The following morning I emailed Sergio and said I wanted to establish a friendship with him, and hoped he was still willing. He of course was still willing. Today I ended up heading into Boston to meet up with him. Spent about 7 hours together, had Chinese for lunch, and hung out for a while, and talked. Caught up on some of the events of the past few years, remembered some times from when we were together, and even had a few discussions about our histories, and background - first date kind of things. Honestly, I felt really good about it. He was very friendly and casual, and I didn't feel any NEED to be with him. I think it will be very healthy for me to stop carrying some buried torch for him.

While we there, his roomie, and my friend, and my friend Nish's bf - Mark - came home. We were in Sergio's room, and the door was open. When Mark saw me, he kind of stopped, with a surprised look on his face, and said hi. Sergio was like "you know Jeremy..." And then Mark got back into a 'well, whatever' mood. I'm sure he's talking to Nish about it as I'm writing.

As I was leaving, Sergio asked if I was okay to drive. I asked why wouldn't I be. He said it was late, I must be getting tired. I said I was fine. Then I asked what the alternative would be, anyway. He said, "Well, you can stay here you know." I just smiled and said "mmm No". I think he was being silly.

Somehow, I have a feeling this must be the reason I was still here. Now that the healing has begun, the cosmic wheels have been set in motion. I had three showings in the past week, so it feels like it is already coming to a big bang moment.

1 comment:

Christine Staley said...

I'm glad you're finally getting some closure with Sergio. I agree that you need this, and I think you may be onto something!!!

YAY!