Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Attack of Psycho-Ex

The other day I got an email from Ronny. It was some random dating-website style photo of some random unattractive guy. Ronny said he had just passed away, and asked if I knew him. I had never seen the guy, so deleted the email. When I next spoke to Ronny on the phone, he asked if I had seen the picture. I told him that yes I had seen it, and no, I had no idea who that was.

Turns out that Ronny was testing me. That guy had contacted Ronny through whichever internet site (he uses manhunt...) and told Ronny that I had hooked with him while Ronny and I were dating. The 'he died' line was an emotional ploy to elicit honesty. Of course, I honestly never met the guy, much less cheated with him.

In discussing the whole fiasco with Brad, Ronny came to the realization that the internet guy was in reality Psycho-Ex. He had found out that Ronny and I broke up, and took advantage of the opportunity to cause trouble. The fact that 2 years after the fact he is still upset enough to play such (juvenile) mean-spirited games is particularly scary. Luckily, he used mostly all of the same talking points in his tirade, so it was pretty easy to connect the dots back to his fury of 2005.

He has not contacted me. (Yea!) I guess he is not that brave.

No comments: