Monday, May 12, 2008

Bigger is Better

Friday night I met up with Russell for dinner. He has a new girlfriend. She's very nice, and I like her much better than the last one. Physically, she is exactly like all the others. He SO has a type, it's not even funny. Sadly, his type also is of a certain age. As he continues to get older, and his type does not, he builds in an increasingly large age gap with each new romantic interest. It's going to be the undoing of this one. She is not enough in his world, and I think she will lose interest and move on. Can't say yet how long that will take.

Then I went to work. It was a dead night, again. Everyone was in a good mood, though. Nothing really happened worth noting. I left shortly after 2am.

I had trouble sleeping, for some unknown reason. Kept waking up randomly. By the time I randomly woke up at 10:30, I figured, screw it, I'm up. Went downstairs, turned on the computer, and the phone rang. I told Daemian he was lucky I was awake already! I went and picked him up, then Danielle came over to buy my TV. We loaded it into her car (which surprisingly enough fit into the back seat). It was a 5 year old Trinitron. Nice Sony TV, old tube style, weighed a ton. She was overjoyed! She had gotten hooked on Guitar Hero, but was using like a 19" TV, so my old 37" was a big improvement for her.

Then D and I went to 5&Diner for breakfast. It's about 2, but I had a strawberry waffle and chocolate milk. D ordered choco milk, too, but the waitress misunderstood his "I'll have a chocolate milk, too!" as "milkshake". He is more lactose-unfriendly than I am, so I ended up eating most of it.

Then Eddie met me over at the Circuit City, and helped me bring home my new TV. I stayed in the Sony family, but upgraded to the Bravia. A lovely 46" HD screen plugged into my PS3. Blurays and video games look FABulous! It was listed as on sale, but when he rang it up, it showed an ADDITIONAL $100 discount! Whuhoo!! That paid for the sales tax!

Eddie invited me to join him and Jody for dinner at the chinese buffet. I said I had dinner plans with a friend at 8, so would not be able to join. Eddie checked out my TV for a while, then about 5:30 headed out. He wanted to get the setup work all done at the bar, so he could enjoy dinner without racing back to work later.

The friend coming over was actually a date. I didn't think I should say that to Eddie (especially since the point came up prior to delivery of the TV), however. The guy's name is George, and I met him through Match. He was late, but is actually not Brazilian. He got here about 7pm. I do have to give points to a Boston (southie, at the moment) resident willing to head out of their utopia. I called Block5, and they could get us in at 9, so we sat at my place and chatted. I popped my sole Bluray (the same "300" I watched at Easter) in for background. Lovely. We got along very well, and the conversation flowed well. I am not good at idle chit-chat, so if I don't like someone, the conversation falls flat very fast.

Dinner was - as always - spectacular. They put lobster in their artichoke dip, and yumm is that good. I had shrimp and scallops, he had salmon. The special that night was a big-ass steak with butternut-bacon mashed potatoes. I did not want the steak, but was seriously contemplating ordering it simply to get those potatoes. That sounds really good, and I would have loved to try some. We also each had a mojito - I had guava, and he had passionfruit. Mine was better!

We headed back to my place. I asked what he wanted to do. The options were Movie, Video games, Gay bar, Gay club. He was (sarcastically) surprised we had both a bar and a club. Didn't feel so much like going to the bar, though, after I described the usual clientèle. The club he wasn't jumping to go to either, possibly because I said I work there, so everybody knows me. I would have tried to talk him out of going there for that reason, had he wanted to go. So, we watched a movie. Settled on "A Knight's Tale" which I have on plain old boring DVD. I was surprised how great it looked, though. All that fancy equipment makes even no-def DVD look good!

He dozed off a couple times during the movie, so I had to explain just a couple minor details at the end to make the final scene make sense. He made a comment about not looking forward to the drive home. Perfect chance to slip in the offer to sleep here, and drive back after some restful sleep. Heeheee. We went to bed.

I put my arm on him, but he held tightly to himself, so I pulled my arm back. He then followed by putting his arm around me. So, we slept cuddled. He started coughing at one point, and said he was too warm, so I rolled away from him. After the coughing subsided, he put his arm around me again. (He had caught a cold earlier in the week, and was doing well, but still not 100%.) At one point - I'll guess 5:30 - we were in a spooning position, with him in front. I was - uhhh - turned on. Had been most of the night. It's been a while... I was not sure if he was noticing or not, but this time he rolled toward me a little and grabbed my arm, pulling it into his crotch. He was excited to be there, too! I rolled him a little more, so we were facing, and went to kiss him. He pulled back, saying he didn't want me to catch his cold. I'm figuring it's not contagious anymore, plus I have a tendency to like catching colds so I can grab a cheap day off of work! I didn't tell him my sick-day preferences, though. It would have sounded a little manipulative. It's not meant to be underhanded, I just don't really Care. The response I did give him was to kiss him again. He understood well enough to kiss back. We quickly abandoned the modest sleepwear, and had some fun. A good hour passed, and then we went back to sleep. At 8am the alarm went off (he needed to be back in Boston at a reasonable hour). We looked at each other, shut off the alarm, and spent the next half hour finishing up what had started earlier in the morning.

I let him take a quick shower, then he headed to Boston. I went back upstairs, and laid on the couch. Fell asleep. Woke up to the phone ringing. It was Ronny calling to say he was done with work, and could meet up for IHOP. It was 12:15. The banana-stuffed french toast is back, for a limited time, and that is his absolute favorite, so we went to IHOP. Brad called to ask if we'd go to see the 3:30 showing of Iron Man. So we met up with Brad, Cris, Junior, Rick, Joe, Jen at the theater. I liked the movie. Surprising little action; lots of engineering scenes. Brad and Cris had brought Junior with them, Brad had been trying to "fix" Junior's computer. Brad lives like 3 blocks from the theater, and wanted to mow his lawn yet, so I offered to drive Junior home. Ronny and I stopped in, and I looked at the computer. Ended up that the neighbor who was letting him sign in to the wireless router, had turned it off, so he was internet-less. Simple problem, simple solution, once you knew where to look. (Brad had left notes on all these DOS prompt things he was nosing around with - I just checked wireless connections, and went from there.) I was sitting there while he pulled some pics up from back home. All of a sudden he turns to me and says "I love you". Uhhhhhhh. I started to get an uncomfortable look on my face. I know he responds best to jealousy, but I was not expecting that hearing I hooked up the night before would have quite THAT effect. He saw the look spreading across my face, and quickly added "...for fixing my internet!" Ohhhh. That makes more sense.

Cristiano came home, and made dinner. It was basically italian sausage and bacon over pasta. I think the sauce was simply garlic, tomato, and onion chopped into the bacon grease. It was very tasty, though a little heavy. Ronny commented on all the bacon he'd eaten that day. There was also passionfruit mousse in the fridge, so we had some of that, too.

I called Will when I got home. He was doing well, and ordered some noodles while I was talking with him. I asked if he'd be interested in meeting up the week of the 4th of July. I have that whole week off, and miss him terribly. We had been very flirty that last time we had spoken, and it seemed he would have been up for meeting. But he ended up putting together a list of reasons not to. Topped it off with a reason to Never meet up... Some have suggested that he may be my "one", but he always freaks out whenever I suggest seeing each other. Who knows...

No comments: