Monday, May 05, 2008

Big Top

I worked Friday night. Nothing impressive happened. Until I was asleep. I had a dream that I met up with Luther. There was a lot of making out. Nothing more than that, but it was damn fun anyway.

I worked Saturday morning. Nothing impressive happened. The fact that I got up and went in to work at all on a Saturday morning still bugs the hell out of me. Especially since the morons shouldn't have shut down production the week before in the first place.

About 10:30, I was in the break room scanning the options in the snack machine, when my cell rang. It was Brad - who was assuming I was still asleep - inviting me to come over in the afternoon. I was done at noon, so grabbed a bite to eat, chilled out for a few moments, then ran to the grocery store and picked up snacks. Met up with Brad and his friend Rick, and we cracked open a new board game. It came out in like 1996, but none of us had heard of it previously, so it was new to us. It is called Settlers of Catan. Brad bought it for me for Christmas because the guy at the game store said there was no military battle. We've all played games like Civ and Axis & Allies. It always comes down to me rolling miserably on the battles, and losing badly as a result. But this has no battles, so I did quite well. I won the first game, as well as the third. I even pulled a surprise on them to win that one; they were so busy thinking they were challenging each other for first place, that they didn't even pay attention to what I was doing.

We also got into a minor discussion about Brad and Cris. Brad also discussed seeing that other guy Chris flirting with Cris at the club on the night of the big birthday party. In discussing that situation, I made a comment about the night we first met him, and he got Cris's and my phone numbers. Brad said "OH REALLY. Cris didn't tell me he gave Chris his number..." It is so hard to avoid land mines with them. Though, Brad said he knew in advance about the trip to Epic with Davis.

Saturday night I worked. I brought along some Ferrero Rochet to ensure that I didn't have to work the back door that night. I did floater last weekend when I covered for Daemian (still in CA), so was figuring there'd be whining. Apparently Eddie had already declared that since I was doing them a favor by working I got to be floater again. Wuhoo! When I checked the new work schedule, I noticed the boss - ONCE AGAIN - scheduled Daemian for the whole week, so Eddie had to shuffle. He got a little confused at one point, and was trying to get me to work next Saturday as well. I reminded him that I only worked this Saturday on the guarantee that I didn't work next Sat as well.

It was a relatively slow night. Some guy walked away from Eddie without paying for the drinks, but I missed who Eddie pointed to, and grabbed the wrong bald guy. I apologized to Eddie and the bald guy. He was perfectly fine with it. There was also a brief fight, but the people involved all stormed out the door before any of us realized what had happened anyway. Junior showed up, with Cristiano, and Kevin. As he gave me hug, Junior told me that it was Kevin's birthday. So, I was able to wish him a HB. That club is not really Kevin's favorite place, so for a while, he had this bored, annoyed look on his face. I started to feel bad, until I saw him move over into the corner with some guy and start making out. Happy Birthday, indeed!!

Joe and Sakeena came in as well. I hadn't seen Sakeena in a while, so it was nice to chat with her. Joe apparently likes my car alot, because he started in about why we don't hang out anymore. I reminded him that I had called a few times a while ago, but his response was always that he was busy with Vinnie. He said that was during the 'honeymoon phase' and they hang out separately all the time now. It was also nice to see a glimmer of the old Joe again. Sakeena asked if I had seen Luther and Keniah. Heehee. I said no. I mentioned they had been in a while ago, but not recently.

There were a couple cute guys there, but nobody interested in me, again. I was tired anyway, so left relatively early (for an Eddie night) and went to sleep. Jody invited me over on Monday night to watch The Mist with them. Not sure who will all be there, but I made hummus!

Sunday I woke up early enough to go to the gym. When I got back, I had missed a call from Ronny, so I called him. He was in the middle of a haircut, and said he'd call back. Immediately following that Brad called to invite me to join them at the circus. Ringling Bros. is in town - and the convention center is like 2 blocks from my house. (Yeah, not the Big Top you were expecting to read about, huh??) So, Ronny and I met up with Brad and Cris (who was late cuz he stopped off at a friend's house first...) for lunch, and then went to the circus. I got a call from Nish, who had a great time in Boston the night before (I would have gone along if I hadn't had to work - damn that bitch Daemian!!!) but was back in town, so I invited him along. He said he had wanted to go see it last year, so this was perfect, and he came along, too. This guy he had met on Manhunt showed up, as well. Nish had implied earlier that he wasn't too interested in the guy other than friends, but that maybe I would be. So, there may have been an agenda behind the late inclusion, as well. And, no, I was not interested. I like LL Cool J, but not Cuba Gooding Jr, and this guy was more Cuba than LL...

Signed onto Manhunt myself when I got home. There was a possibility (just a photo of his lower abdomen and upper jeans) whose profile said he prefers to "hang out and see what happens". I wrote a quick message saying that hanging out and see what happens sounds like a good way to start. He didn't reply right away, and I went off and did something else, then forgot I had manhunt open in the background. When I shut off the computer, I saw a message back from him asking "What are talking about?" Possibly not too bright, most likely not interested. I did reply that it was a reference to his profile. He was already offline, but I have a feeling I won't hear back. Quelle surprise.

1 comment:

Daemian said...

Well betch I am back. Sadly I have to work tonight, I am fucking exhausted. But given I will see what my new work schedule looks like on Monday... they may have to shuffle a shit ton to cover it. Ces la Vie.