Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Neighborly

Yes, it has been a while since I posted. Things just have been THAT boring. Other than unbelievably horrid days at work, there hasn't been anything noticable. And I'm sure you all have enough work-related horror stories to get sick of hearing me whine.

A friend of mine was having a party this past Saturday. I asked Ronny if he wanted to go, and he said Yeah. So, I RSVP'ed. Saturday comes. He had to work in the morning, as usual. He had said he needed to talk to his brother-in-law after work, and would be over a little later. Then I get a call, he was at a children's birthday party for someone he worked with. Went with Cris, and needed a ride back. So, I went and picked him up. Meanwhile, my friend Russell called to ask what I was up to. I said we were heading to Boston, so he said to give him a call later the next week. I picked Ronny up, and we were heading back to my place, and he says he's too tired. When we got to my place, he just wanted to go to sleep. It was like 7:30 pm.

I was rather unhappy. While he drifted off to sleep, I took care of a few things, and logged on to the internet to check a couple emails, and whatever. About 8:30 he came downstairs and apologized for ruining our plans. He was lying on the couch with his head in my lap, practically falling asleep. Said we could stop and get him some RedBull and head into Boston. I knew this was an invitation to Danger. I had visions of how the night would go, so we just ended up staying up. He did stay up for a few hours before calling it a night. Oh well...

Sunday I called my friend Paola. We met in college, then she lived in NYC, and apparently a short while ago she moved in next door! Actually about two blocks away, but still oddly close. I called to see if she was ready for me to stop by, and she said there was something she needed to warn me about before I came over. She said she's Changed. I saw her in January, and was not sure how much a change could have happened, much less something that would 'frighten' me. Turns out she's pregnant. Like 9 months pregnant. And married! But she's doing well.

No comments: