Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lasagna

Several weeks ago I made a cheese lasagna. Big hit. But I know Ronny likes meat lasagna, so this weekend I decided to make a lasagna with beef. But I didn't have a bag full of fresh garden-grown tomatoes (that's what triggered the cheese lasagna), so I used Barilla jarred sauce. Sauteed onion and garlic, browned the beef, added alforno and cheese pasta sauces. Smelled kinda Bland. Added more garlic, oregano, pepper... Still tasted a little flat. Decided to dump in a half packet of sazon goya (a little magic in little foil packets!!). For those of you who don't know, it's this seasoning packet from the hispanic aisle that turns food bright orange and zests it up with monosodium glutamate.
Ronny loved the lasagna. Apparently that night, though, he had a major visit with the bathroom. Sunday we had more, as left-overs. That night he called and said he was major stomach issues again, the same as the night before. So, he was guessing it was the lasagna. I said the only thing I could think it would be from would be the sazon. I had no problems eating it, which is good, because now I have to finish all the left-overs. So, I'll have to keep in mind he seems to react badly to MSG...

No comments: