Friday, May 31, 2013

Gripe

I hate my job. I hate it more and more as the weeks go by. Partly because it is tedious, the pay is lousy, the benefits are worse, the commute is brutal, but mostly because it is the same job at the same pay I had in 1998 right out of college. So, Russell's friend Amee that said she would review my resume and help out has not gotten back to me. The awesome job I was perfect for in San Diego through USAJOBS sent me a denial notice due to incomplete application, though it lists my application status, still, as "complete". And I got a call from a recruiter - as a result of applying for a job "in Boston" - who said I was not qualified to be a Quality Manager (despite the years of running quality departments and the MBA) and should consider taking a step back before seeking advancement. I honestly can not think of how on earth I could possibly sink any lower. It is quite depressing, really. Infuriating. I honestly don't know how to try anything else. I do not understand why my career path is so awful. I should not be in an entry-level menial job as I near 40 and have three college degrees.

No comments: