Friday, April 19, 2013

Surreal

Monday was the bombing at the Boston Marathon. I was at work (in Woburn), and the Brazilians were fine, too. Today I headed into work and the radio was non-stop news coverage of the manhunt for the suspect. It was two brothers who then started a shoot-out last night by MIT, and one was killed. The city is on lock-down as they hunt down the other one. I was again at work. Nauber on Fridays works at Bertucci's (across the street from where the shooting had been) and Cheesecake Factory (a couple blocks over), but everything was closed, so he had the day off. I am very glad he didn't head into Cambridge today. Tomorrow we fly out to visit my family in NM. There are increased security measures at Logan Airport, so it will take a little longer, but hopefully it is an uneventful trip.

No comments: