Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oooooo maybe

I got an email this week from the federal job that I was referred for earlier. The hiring manager (not just a computer!) asked if I was still interested in the position. He also mentioned that I didn't have an aerospace background. I double checked the posting, and it said "Mechanical Engineer" and required a Mech Eng degree. Not sure why he complained I didn't have aero background. But he also said pay would be between $55k and $66k. So, the hours would be better, the pay would be better, the benefits would be better, the organization would be better, and the location would be better. I immediately replied that Yes I am still interested. That generated an out-of-office message saying he will back on the 23rd. So, I guess I will find out more next Monday, but I may get another job offer. One of the co-workers where I am now has taken to saying "You're still here?!" every time he sees me. It is based largely on the fact that the guy I replaced was only there a short time, then stopped showing up. He also left with a laptop, and having 'borrowed' money from people. Of course, now the thought that runs through my mind whenever he says it (and others, 'cuz it is apparently now spreading) is that I may be giving notice already in a couple days! Wouldn't that be funny...

No comments: