Friday, April 09, 2010

Interesting Dream

It's been a while since I've posted a dream. And this one isn't even about sex. But I need to document it anyway!

I was talking to some random guy, who started in on his theory about people. He said there are only two tasks people engage in that are essential: eating and working. Both of those activities he finds disgusting. If you have ever looked around you at a buffet, you'd tend to agree that eating is not a visually pleasant activity. And no one thinks fondly of work. So, I guess that makes some sense. He then postulated that any other activity, since it is not essential, can be categorized as art. Might be a stretch, but somewhat logical. He then pointed out that he, and everyone else, dislikes things other people may like, leading to a lack of tolerance for each other's tastes.

The whole thing boiled down to him claiming that people are "artistically intolerant, essentially repulsive". I googled the phrase, and it didn't turn up as a quote anywhere. I have no idea where my subconscious mind dredged this one up. It doesn't strike me as a moral philosophy, since it only describes a condition, and doesn't create a guideline to making decisions like moral and ethical doctrines would.

The phrase is somewhat resounding, though. It stuck clearly in my mind even after waking up. Maybe I'll have to start a facebook club or something!

2 comments:

Daemian said...

Stop eating cheesecake before bed.

jered74 said...

It may have been my Ethics class homework more than the cheesecake...