Friday, December 12, 2008

Two Scoops

This has been a very Brazilian week. Sunday I got a call from Diego (former "ewwww troll" guy) asking for help. He was going to take the driver's license exam, and couldn't exactly show up driving himself there, and couldn't find anyone else. I said sure. Monday I was at the mall with Nauber, and we stopped at the food court for a morsel. While sitting there sating our hunger, this cute guy walked past, who then did a double take. OMG! It was Marcelo (Mr. I'll Call You Tomorrow)! He is recently single again, having been with a jealous type who stayed home all the time. That's why he fell off the face of the earth for a while. I spent Tuesday driving Diego around. He said we should grab dinner sometime, and invited me along for NYE in NYC. I think it was not intended to be an accepted offer. He said he's been really busy with work, and that's why he's been unavailable. When asked how much he works, he said 45 to 50 hours a week. Ummm, when I was working the club door, I put in that many hours, and I still socialized.

The big (annoying) news, though, is that my appeal hearing with the unemployment office this morning was postponed. We had a nasty ice storm last night, and the hearing office couldn't make it in, so they called this morning to say Not Today. I will apparently receive another notice in the mail. That means I can't leave Tuesday morning for NM now, because I can't miss the hearing, and again do not know when it will be. My mother will NOT be happy to hear this. I may not make it out there before Christmas... My sister is arriving on the 25th. I may end up flying in on the same day (Priceline?).

The pic below will hopefully cheer you up. It's cheering me up a little... His name is Sean Lamont, and he plays rugby. This is from the Dieux du Stade shoot. Check out the comment in the wikipedia entry...

3 comments:

Daemian said...

Oh... My.. God.. look at the ass on that guy!

jered74 said...

Hellllllllooooooooo... What did you think "Two Scoops" was referring to???

Daemian said...

Betch!