Friday, December 01, 2006

Delay

I have been off-line for a few days, thanks to our pals at Charter High-Speed.

When I first signed up, they installed all the stuff, and left a little white modem box. Very soon after, I had connectivity issues. They insisted the modem was fine. I called back a few weeks later with more problems, and again insisted the modem was fine.

This week I had no internet again, so I called their customer service. They accessed the modem through the line, and discovered that the modem was malfunctioned. So, they told me to take it to the local office and swap it for a new one. After waiting in line behind the trailer trash who wait until they have $200 bill with late fees accumulated, I get to the agent, and she informs me that the modem is WELL beyond the warranty period, and she can't swap it out. Turns out the free install package includes a free crap modem that you 'own' from that point on. So, they brushed me off while it was new, so they wouldn't have to pay for a real one. Now that the warranty is "WELL" over, they are more than happy to sell me another (better) one.

If you ever have issues with your cable modem, make sure to get it swapped out RIGHT AWAY. If you wait, they will be glad to tell you it's a piece of junk once you are then required to pay them more for a decent replacement.

No comments: