Thursday, October 12, 2006

Spooky

The remote for my stereo can control the basic functions of my TV, as well. Power, volume, channel, and input selection are all available on the stereo remote, so I keep the TV remote stashed behind the TV. I only need that one for more complex tasks, including menus. One such task is turning on or off the captions. Ronny could understand the dialog better with the captions on, so for the past year I have gotten used to having the captions on the TV. Last night I was playing a little game at my computer, and had Project Runway reruns playing in the background. Around 7pm, the thought crossed my mind that I still had the captions on, but didn’t need to anymore. I had the stereo remote with me, but didn’t feel like going over to the TV to grab the other remote, and went back to playing the game. At 8pm, I wanted to switch to Daily Show, so grabbed the remote. When I look down, it is the TV remote in my hand, not the stereo remote. I just stared at it for like 20 seconds. How in the World did that remote end up in front of me???

No comments: