Monday, July 25, 2005

why it's called Rockport

Well, I stopped by the Verizon booth. The clerk told me I had it on Silent Mode. I said, no I didn't. He showed me the Silent Mode menu and said "See, it's on Silent Mode." I told him that was a menu. Just because it HAS A MENU does not mean it is ON silent mode. He finally called customer service. After a while they loaded a software upgrade over the network, and the rings came back. He said if it goes out again they can replace the phone. Hmmmmm. I guess it wasn't on silent mode after all.
Then stopped at the pet store. Got a new Betta. I'm thinking of naming this one Paulo, but we'll see. I haven't quite gotten him used to being fed, so I'm sure there's time yet for a name.

Ronny took this weekend off from work. He wanted to go to the beach. We ended up going to Rockport, MA. We there, overlook the harbor, and he says, "This is the beach?? This is nothing like in Brazil." Ummm, yeah. I had tried to explain earlier, but it wasn't coming across well. He was very noticeably disappointed. He was expecting SAND. Oddly enough, it appears he was expecting palm trees, too. New England beaches are very rocky (unless they ship in sand). Unless you head to Cape Cod, but that's a longer trip than we were up for on Sunday. We didn't hang around too long. Had lunch there, and got some ice cream. By the way, if you DO want to go Rockport, the park and ride on 127 is SO the way to go.
While we were at the beach, Ronny asked if 'o baiano' had gone to Brazil while we were together. (That's Sergio.) I said he had gone right after we met, so it wasn't really a good time to go along. He asked if that he had been back since that trip. I said this past May he had gone. Ronny asked why I didn't go. I kinda looked at him...
THIS May.
Yeah.
I was with YOU.
Yeah. You're not friends?
No.
Why not?
I can't.
You still love him?
Well, yes.

I thought that was about it. He seemed OK with the whole thing at the time. That night, Ronny said he wanted to talk about when we were by the beach. Apparently it bothers him that I don't speak to o baiano anymore, because that means I feel too much for him, yet. Ronny seemed concerned that I was using him. I am not...
Back when Ronny and I first started seeing each other, psycho-ex told Ronny that Ronny wasn't Sergio, and I was just going to hurt him. Ronny's response (to me) was that he didn't care about Sergio at all. The fact that it's bothering him now is a little troubling. We'll see.

No comments: