Friday, February 22, 2013

Bounce

Last Friday I went to the dentist and had my upper two wisdom teeth extracted. He did an awesome job! The bleeding stopped after about two hours, and the pain was gone by morning (possibly mid-night, but I was asleep then). Have been trying to baby the edges of my mouth, though have found food bits caught back there. Today at work was Marco's last day (hipsterish little Italian guy, married, but seemed kinda bi) so a bunch of us went to a local pub to drink eat and hang out. A couple days ago we teased Marco that if his last paycheck bounced after he moved to Missouri, he'd be screwed. Well, Thursday they handed out backup checks and announced last week's paychecks will bounce. Today there were no paychecks handed out for this week, and (hush) the HR lady said some of the backup checks would bounce. Everyone is digging out resumes. I have been applying since last fall, though not too many look feasible and interesting, and none of them ever call me back. I need to get out of there, but I have been trying unsuccessfully. At least I'm not living paycheck to paycheck and can weather a little turbulence.

No comments: