Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

Well, it is a new year, so I guess I'll start again!
The following pic helps inspire posting, as well. And guess what nationality he is.



Well, I officially had the worst Christmas ever. My flight was Boston to DC to Dallas to El Paso. Got to DC and found out the Dallas flight was canceled. Got to spend Christmas Eve/Morning alone in an airport hotel at Reagan National. Quite depressing, actually. The bright spot, though, was that Nauber felt really bad for me, and was even moved to the point of saying "I love you." First time! After 16 months together.

The afternoon of the 24th I couldn't bear to sit in the hotel room, so went for a walk. Ended up at a huge mall, walked around for a bit, still couldn't find anything for Nauber. Also found a little bar/restaurant around the corner from the hotel with rainbow flags waving. Freddie's. It is probably a fun place on a night with more than three people at the bar. The bartender was cute, too (named Scott, I believe).

Headed to the airport early in the morning on the 25th. They put me on the 2:30 flight to Dallas, with a confirmed seat on the 10:20 to El Paso with a standby for the 8pm. Well, a little bad weather rolled into DC, and the 2:30 was delayed. Then they switched me to the 4:30 because the 2:30 routed through St Louis which was getting snow. The 4:30 was direct, but ended up delayed until 6. I got to Dallas at 8:30pm. The flight I was supposed to be on arrived at 7:45, which would not have given me time to get a standby seat on a flight that would have departed as I ran up to the gate counter. So, I missed that chance either way. Got into El Paso at 11:10pm and my parents picked me up. Got to the house about 12:15am on the 26th. Over 42 hours travel time. And it only took 9 to get back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay that you're updating, but boo that you had a bad christmas experience. Happy New Year! It can only get better! :) - irma