Thursday, May 07, 2009

Validation is Great

I took the GMAT exam (business school admissions test) this morning. And the estimated score (they still have to read the essays) came back as 760 out of 800, which places me in the 99th percentile. I am in the top 1% of all GMAT takers!! I haven't turned dumb, even after all those years at the essence-draining job I had.

My friend Nish, upon hearing me exult, replied with "Well, you can go anywhere - you should try for Harvard!" Turns out I missed the app deadline there by two months. So, no Harvard. (Images of Elle Woods "you mean like on vaca!?" kept dancing through my head!) So, UMass Boston will most likely still end up being the school I go to. Though wouldn't that be cool if UC San Diego (who will receive the scores) calls me up to chat??

No comments: