Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Brokeback

A while ago, I was at Disney with Ronny, and went to a club called Mannequins. There was a guy on the dance floor who looked SO much like Sergio it was freaky.
So, the other night I had a dream that I was on vacation with Ronny. We went to some sort of film festival. There were a bunch of events that we went to throught the day. That night there was a documentary about Brokeback Mountain. I'm not sure if it was like a making-of documentary, or a real-life stories of the same theme. Anyway, Ronny suddenly remembered something he left behind in the hotel room and had to go back to the room. I waited around a while, he wasn't coming back. All of a sudden, I bumped into Sergio. Ronny just wasn't coming back, and the movie was about to start. I headed over to my seat, and Sergio came along. We were talking. I started wondering about whether or not I would want to take him back. As the morning broke, I woke up from the dream. The wondering carried over, in that half awake, kind of still dreaming state. I had been doing so well, but now I keep having the recurring thoughts pop back up again.
It's not so much that I -do- want him back, but I have come to accept that I will probably never be fully over him. Which is why even though he wants to be friends, I will never be able to.

1 comment:

Christine Staley said...

it's hard sometimes to get over someone. I think in this case, ronny will feel the same way you feel about sergio that towards you when you move..

ps - nice pic!